Search results

1. JP4DESIGNZ

Tamron to announce a 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2

Loving the rear filter holder. I have the G1 version and love it however, it took me 3 copies to get a lens that focused accurately at all focus points on my 5D cameras. I'd love to upgrade for the filter however, since I've had several recent tamron lenses that flopped out on me, I'm nervous...
  2. JP4DESIGNZ

5D mark IV new firmware 1.1.2

Finally! I've been waiting on this update. It's also on Canon USA now too: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-5d-mark-iv?subtab=downloads-firmware#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25
  3. JP4DESIGNZ

Want to Increase The Dynamic Range of Your EOS 5D Mark IV Raw Files?

I also uploaded 2 pics of a church nearby using DPRSplit. https://goo.gl/UWVrwh
  4. JP4DESIGNZ

Want to Increase The Dynamic Range of Your EOS 5D Mark IV Raw Files?

After playing around with the software, I finally have a use for DPRAW! I love how quick and simple the extraction process is and even though my 5D4 gives me all the dynamic range I need 95% of the time, this can be very useful for extra cushion when needed. I thought I'd experiment to see if...
  5. JP4DESIGNZ

Does anyone still love their old gear?

I still shoot with my first digital camera, the Canon T1i. Even though I use my 5D4 & 5DS R for everything, my wife and I also use the T1i for food photography. The following shots were taken with the T1i and 28-135mm.
  6. JP4DESIGNZ

Canon EOS 7D Mark III to Have Slight Crop in 4K [CR2]

I assume that slight crop would be 1.74x like with the 5D4, which is slight for Canon's 1.6x crop sensor.
  7. JP4DESIGNZ

Great News: DXO To Release New Nik Collection Software in 2018

Awesome! I wonder if this will be free or not.
  8. JP4DESIGNZ

Anyone kept their 6d since upgrading to a 5d4?

When I first upgraded to the 6D from the 70D a while back, I thought I would only use it as a back-up to my 7D2 at the time. After seeing the IQ for myself, the 7D2 became the back-up camera and I started getting annoyed with how much worse my 7D2 was in low-light than the 6D. Due to the...
  9. JP4DESIGNZ

Anyone kept their 6d since upgrading to a 5d4?

Hi james75. I thought I was the only one who noticed the color difference between my 5D4 and (previous) 6D. Even though the 5D4 has much better dynamic range, resolution, and slightly better ISO, I actually prefer the 6D's colors over the 5D4 a bit, especially for portraits. Since my 6D was...
  10. JP4DESIGNZ

5DS 5DSR memory card question

I know exactly what you are talking about. From the 70D, 7D2, 6D, and 5D4, the 5DSR has the longest delay of all of them from my experience however, I think it has to do with pushing out 50MP with over 2 year old technology. I use the following Scandisk memory cards for my 5D4 and 5DSR...
  11. JP4DESIGNZ

Lady Tamron is a cruel mistress

I have the Tamron 18-200 for my M6. I've had the Tamron for about 3 years now, when I had the M2. Of course it worked perfectly on the M and M2 however, I've had to send it in for firmware updates for the M3 (which worked most of the time), and again for the M6. For the M6, I had horrible...
  12. JP4DESIGNZ

Poor FoCal Result

Oh wow. I thought I was the only one getting -15 on my 50mm 1.8 STM using FoCal. After using FoCal, I thought about shipping it in for calibration while under warranty as my shots are fantastic about 6ft away and beyond however, closer than that, the autofocus is inconsistent.
  13. JP4DESIGNZ

TAMRON SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2

I wanted to love this lens, I really did. I purchased my first copy from Adorama. The lens had horrible front-focusing issues and after hours of calibrating with the TAP-In Console and FoCal, I sent it back because it still was front focusing from 50mm-69mm. I got a second copy from Adorama...
  14. JP4DESIGNZ

Images of Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Leak

Nice! I can't wait to see how this lens stacks up to the Canon 24-70 2.8L II.
  15. JP4DESIGNZ

Fujifilm GFX 50s with Canon Lenses?

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm not worried about the slow autofocus speed nor the lower fps. Just image quality. I am wondering myself if the image quality is worth $6K if it is not miles better than the 5DS R. I'm not looking at film nor anything $10K and above however, the lower priced...
  16. JP4DESIGNZ

Fujifilm GFX 50s with Canon Lenses?

Hey everyone! I wonder if the Laowa Magic Converter will work perfectly with the Fujifilm GFX 50s. I was thinking of going medium format if this adapter works instead of getting either a 5DSR or a Sony A7RII. http://www.venuslens.net/laowa-magic-format-converter-mfc/ How many of you would...
  17. JP4DESIGNZ

Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3]

Re: Pricing & More Information About the EOS 6D Mark II [CR3] I know the 6D Mark II will be awesome over time however, dang! No dual SD Card slot! I'm not too surprised about it not having 4K however, would have been nice though. Also, was GPS taken out of the 6D Mark II? Definitely seems...
  18. JP4DESIGNZ

Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 AF

Thank you everyone for your input! I've been thinking about getting the Tamron 45mm 1.8 VC as well. I have the Tamron 85mm and love it however, I've had to do a bit of AFMA with FoCal to get the results I love. I also have the Tamron 15-30mm and after getting a second copy (due to the first...
  19. JP4DESIGNZ

Canon BR-E1 Bluetooth Remote Control

Has anyone found out if the BR-E1 is xompatible with the M6 and M5?
  20. JP4DESIGNZ

Godox update at last :)

So, with firmware V20, I just found out the X1T-C works with the M6!!! I can control the menu from the camera as well as on the trigger if I wanted, no problems!!! The XT32C also works with the M6 like it did with the M3 however, I cannot control the XT32C in the camera like I can with the...