Search results

1. PureClassA

Are these the 7 RF lenses Canon will be announcing in 2020? [CR1]

That will be another $3000 machine or more like the 28-70 f2. If you can swing it though, it would be worth every penny
  2. PureClassA

I'm gonna have some seriously difficult buying choices in the next year... I'm trying to hold out to see if/what we get from Canon as a true video centric RF body, but as it stands now, the R6 ain't lookin too shabby depending on how the final specs pan out.
  3. PureClassA

Dear God... the Trinity of f2 zooms may actually be coming true...
  4. PureClassA

What’s next from Canon in 2020?

LOL I saw that after the link pasted and posted and was thinking... "Whaaaa???" I checked it after. It SHOULD be the link to an article about Sony having supply issues with DRAM and having to sacrifice upcoming CAMERA features in order to keep building the PS5 supplies
  5. PureClassA

In the question of “Well what happens to SONY?” After Canon looks to eat their lunch.... looks like Sony is having some issues: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-14/sony-is-struggling-with-playstation-5-price-due-to-costly-parts?utm_source=url_link
  6. PureClassA

Canon will announce a new Cinema EOS camera ahead of NAB [CR3]

I am seeing less and less reason for Red in their current state. It's precisely as you said. ARRI still owns the top end (and you can't even BUY them outright unless you are a MAJOR hollywood production house and even then they are leased more often) and then Canon and BM at the other end...
  7. PureClassA

I'm actually hoping to see an C100 III. Unless they decided to kill that model line with the C200. But I think a C100 III with Full Frame and no slo-mo (4K24 and 4K30) would be a great seller for around $5000. OR - give us up to 4K60 like the C200 but keep it crop. Then let the C300 and C500...
  8. PureClassA

Not until you see Canon start remaking their Cine-Primes into RF... which im not sure is terribly imminent. RF L glass is I believe all FBW right? That’s a no-no for cinema shooting as much pro level shooting is done with manual focus pull. Otherwise the EF-Cinema glass is all manual anyway...
  9. PureClassA

This is the last day to get ‘The [CR0]’ before they’re gone forever

Please tell me you plan to wear a CR shirt to the Canon booth at NAB... and have a friend with an iphone handy. and as soon as my shirt arrives I’ll go bragging about it on the fb page
  10. PureClassA

Full Frame I wonder? Seems Canon is moving in that direction with Cinema EOS. I watched a video yesterday cost Comparing the new C500-2 to a complete Red setup. $16k vs almost $50k. Amazing how much value Canon is cramming into these professional pieces. The guy was essentially selling his...
  11. PureClassA

The current 200-400 L has one built in already. I think can still manage to shave off some Size and weight in RF
  12. PureClassA

I amended that in a subsequent post, densoty vs count. But I was specifically trying to use very similar resolution sensors from a current crop and current FF body. Obviously having a radically higher resolution FF body (like 80-100MP) makes it a moot point
  13. PureClassA

I said pixel density. I should have said pixel count. We are putting the same amount of resolution into a crop area as a 35mm area, which increases effective reach with highly similar/ near identical pixel resolutions
  14. PureClassA

Given two sensors with nearly identical pixel density.... 30MP Canon EOS R / 5D4 on 400mm lens = effective 400mm reach 32MP Canon 90D on 400mm lens = effective 640mm reach
  15. PureClassA

How much you want to bet on this? We have a forum of witnesses.
  16. PureClassA

We really don't know either. We have rumored data. And often before, Canon has tested multiple sensor builds in a camera to see what they want the final product to be. 8K, like 4K, has more than one format, although they are relatively close. So the sensor could be 40MP - 45MP depending on...
  17. PureClassA

Not gonna know anything solid for probably another couple months. But no, I dont think anyone is thinking this is a sub-RP model. Probably $1200 - $1500
  18. PureClassA

I think we will eventually see an RF body with an APS-C (think R7) to replace the 7D line. What's unique about the 7D is that it's a crop body widely used by pros as compliments to other FF bodies like the 5D and 1DX lines to get extra reach on telephotos. I think we will see more than that...
  19. PureClassA

You're right. CR just made it all up for clickbait. Just like they made up the R5 and got all of that completely wrong. Oh... wait... And no one said the R6 is getting released before the R5. All signs right now point to a near simultaneous release date following a May 2020 announcement. And...
  20. PureClassA

It will be at WPPI next week too. It’ll be “on display”. Meaning no one will be able to put their hands on it. And not surprising this far out. Once Canon makes the full announcement with the final official specs, that will change. Maybe NAB in April is what Im thinking. If the camera can do...