1. MJ

Best Flash Bracket System for Wildlife Photography

Now that's a tight fit :)
  2. MJ

Aha... I thought you were using it in a long-lens scenario
  3. MJ

Oh wow! Instinctively I favored the full ring over the half one, but I didn't know the Full Ring cannot be separated! That's a very valid point (I also happen to have a 1D X). Thanks for that very important highlight, Neuro!
  4. MJ

That's cool, I've never heard of them.. How long have you been using them?
  5. MJ

Yes, especially owls at night I'd never dare to flash. Also larger, potentially aggressive wildlife (wildlife, bears, bison) I'd rather not... Yes, especially owls at night I'd never dare to flash. Same goes for larger, potentially aggressive wildlife (bears, bison)...
  6. MJ

Hello Maximilian, thank you for your contribution. I'm with you on this and totally for the well being of animals. I'm only sparingly using flash in extreme backlit situations. If animals are disturbed or change their behavior I immediately cease flash fire. A dark picture of a relaxed animal...
  7. MJ

Interesting third option. Thank you for the tip. The price is definitely nice compared to the other options :) . What exactly is it that you like better about them? In what field do they excel? What do you think of their built quality and portability? Bird photographer Glenn Bartley (on...
  8. MJ

Hello fellow CR friends, I know here are a quite a few wildlife interested people, heavily invested in quality gear, and I count on you and your valuable insight. Which of these two systems would you recommend for shooting wildlife with long lenses (Canon 600mm f4L IS II, 200-400 f4L IS...
  9. MJ

Review on the 5D4 low light vs 1Dx2 and 7D2

...and the moral of the story is (yet again) any of these cams is quite capable.
  10. MJ

5DIV: Very high Battery consumption when using GPS

WTF?! Awesome timing ;)
  11. MJ

What's the purpose/market of the 400mm f4 IS DO II?

Dear CR members, I don't quite understand the reason of the existence for this lens. Sure it's nicely designed, weather sealed and doesn't change size, a bit shorter and lighter than a conventional designed lens, but for a walk around super tele lens it's still pretty bulky and heavy and...
  12. MJ

Ended: 5DayDeal Photography Business Bundle + Get a Special CR Bonus Book!

Re: 5DayDeal Photography Business Bundle + Get a Special CR Bonus Book! they had another bundle last year with different videos/ebooks... Yet I'm still curious how this year's content stack up.
  13. MJ

Adobe Creative Cloud bug deletes Mac user .

yet another reason to stick with 'offline' software and not support this new craze that only benefits large corporations and their intellectual property - over the actual end user. I feel sorry for the people experiencing data loss, that's no fun for anyone!
  14. MJ

Any good U.S. / European made Reflectors/Diffusers & Soft boxes?

Thanks Unfocused and Jeffa, I will check them out! 'Rogue' sounds good! ;) Gotta keep the labor in the country!
  15. MJ

Any good U.S. / European made Reflectors/Diffusers & Soft boxes?

Hi everybody, browsing for several lighting modifiers and accessories and wonder if there are any good quality electors, diffusers and soft boxes still any made in the USA or Europe or has every company 'migrated' to the east? Thanks
  16. MJ

Monkeys!

Great stuff, Cervantes!
  17. MJ

EOS M10 - First impressions from a (now former) M owner

thank you for this detailed and well written preview, Act444! I greatly appreciate!
  18. MJ

7D II vs SL1/100D?

As requested, my current lenses are the following: APSC -EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM (Pancake), my main walk around lens, love the FoV, size/weight... -EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, my super discrete telephoto, great for smuggling into concerts 8) FF -EF 40mm f2.8 STM (Pancake), on crop not my...
  19. MJ

7D II vs SL1/100D?

Before I get lynched daring to compare these two bodies please consider this: I learned DSLR photography on my reliable little SL1/100D, but I feel I somehow 'outgrew' this little gem... What I like to photograph: -(40%) Animals/Wildlife -(25%) People/Street photography, available light, no...