Search results

1. C

Even with NAB cancelled Canon still plans to announce a new Cinema Camera shortly

Maybe Canon hasn't yet got the memo that like the $3500 DSLR, the age of bulky, fat margin cine cameras is coming to an end. If they haven't they will soon.
  2. C

The Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping before the Summer Olympics

I was initially curious when I heard about the R5. Surely Canon weren't giving up their old ways of selling overpriced outdated technology, were they ? I will reserve final judgment until the product hits the shelves, but knowing Canon I am going to make a prediction. The 8k gimmick, much like...
  3. C

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

5d2 was used in films during an era when DSLR video was considered a novelty and no one else had it.
  4. C

People who want to shoot serious video won't buy this camera. Those who buy this won't be using it as a video camera. Packing this particular model with video features is a PR move from Canon aimed at showing Canon is not behind in video technology , which they are.
  5. C

Canon is a sinking ship. Sony has fired several torpedos at Canon and there is water rushing in which cannot be stopped but can only be slowed somewhat, such as with this model which comes in too late but still unusable as a video camera. Canon will eventually take enough water and sink to the...
  6. C

Canon’s Cinema EOS plans for 2020 [CR2]

"The Cinema EOS lineup has been pretty successful for Canon" Has it really ? Reads like a Canon ad. Decade old technology, tiny low tech sensors in overpriced bodies is not how they are going to win the market. And they are keeping video features out of their mirrorless bodies for this ?? What...
  7. C

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

"80MP". Thank goodness Canon execs have finally realized what's been holding them back behind their rivals - the lack of an eighty megapixel camera.
  8. C

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

Good to see Canon narrowing the gap to ten years.
  9. C

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

So which model will have the 'most advanced' video technology (per Canon's standards) ?
  10. C

No crop on 4K coming in next APS-C DSLR [CR1]

Wow. I was initially tempted to write something sarcastic, but if this is true (4k/60, 1080/>=120, no crop of the 1.6x) I can see myself doing the unthinkable. I might actually (gasp) buy another Canon camera ! As much as I love my incredible Panasonic S1 for video, it's AF is not the best and...
  11. C

Unreleased Canon Cinema EOS camera used for 8K capture at WWDC

Going 8k early is not the answer to being late to 4k.
  12. C

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

I can speak for the tethering ability of my 7D- II. It's a DISASTER. For people who enjoy spinning dials and fumbling through menus it could have been pleasurable but even then half the time it doesn't connect. It's not what I want to do when I am traveling. The Panasonic S1 which I have had...
  13. C

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

I don't care about it either. But hundreds of thousands / millions do. They travel on vacation, stay at AirBnB's or hotels most of which have wi-fi , and at the end of each day they typically want to upload the day's pics to instagram or other social media sites. If they could do it directly...
  14. C

Running Android OS with Instagram app pre installed ? Of course Canon would never do anything truly innovative or give people something they want or need, so it will probably be a new sensor with 42 MP and the 4k crop area expanding from 1.8x to 1.72x
  15. C

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

With my Sigma MC-21 adapter it's ok. Not great but ok. It does the job. For fast shooting though, when I have to take a lot of pictures in a short amount of time with no fuss, the 7d mark II is still king. It's also the king for focus tracking and frame rate while producing decent image quality...
  16. C

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

After 13 years I made my first non Canon purchase, the Panasonic S1. I am blown away by the quality of its straight out of the camera jpgs. Video quality is outstanding of course; it's what Panasonic is known for. And it always made me wonder how Panasonic managed to retain so much detail in...
  17. C

https://ymcinema.com/2019/05/06/canon-cinema-business-shows-17-drop-in-sales/ After ALL that Canon have done to protect their precious little cinema eos system -- this happens ?? LMAO.
  18. C

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Canon is eating their own. They have driven video enthusiasts like myself away to Panasonic (or Sony), about to drive action enthusiasts like yourself to Nikon or others. Looks like the only segment they are competing on are the cheap toy cameras like the SL's. Their top brass should sit down...
  19. C

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Not a new direction. Simply reverting back to pre 2009. I actually like my 7d2. If the 7d2 had offered video comparable to the Gh4 , or a 7d3 to a Gh5 I wouldn't have left Canon .
  20. C

Sigma Announces Pricing & Availability for Sigma Mount Converter MC-21

You are probably right. I am hoping Sigma will add compatibility over time but at the very least I will have mechanical linkage and be able to use them as MF lenses.