Search results

1. M

Canon Launches New Camera Cloud Platform – image.canon

Unfortunately not how I read it, as it also supports phone and pc uploading... you had me for a second
  2. M

Canon officially announces the development of the RF 100-500 f/4.5-7.1L IS USM, 1.4x and 2.0x extenders

just have to correct this, the lens says: full or 3m-infinity. so we have no clue yet what the mfd is, but we know its significantly below 3m.
  3. M

Here is the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

And no one has commented on the insane macro capablity? 0.5 macro (filling the FF sensor with the lens cap). Looks to be a nifty lens. need weather resistance so i won't "downgrade", but still curious how it will look like without the digital lens corrections, think should be less compromised...
  4. M

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

I was just getting comfortable with the specs for the R2. MP and FPS could easily be off and I wouldn't have a problem ... but IBIS? that's a must at least on the high MP body, probably for most on the R2 as well. Other stuff is pretty safe: digit X, card slots, better EVF, no crop 4k. Finger's...
  5. M

EOS R related announcements coming for CP+ [CR2]

meant to say future, non-the-less under the heading speculation, Rs needs IBIS. Ask 5DS/5DSR owners with a mere 50MP trying hand-held
  6. M

for me the RF 28-70mm has cured GAS quite a bit, shot 90% of my images with it - don't need overlapping primes. But I want a wide/astro combination lens, 14mm Samyang is not flexible enough, 14-28mm F2 I would carry around.
  7. M

though 135mm is not out of the picture, I believe with both the 70-200mm and 85mm 1.2L portrait photographers have gotten a lot of love. Rs will also be for architecture and landscape, don't think they care for 135mm.
  8. M

What is your favorite new feature of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

I won't buy a 1D camera, so what excites me is HEIF - HEIF is the missing link that makes the EOS Rs work, as i can get 10bit downsampled to 30-50MP for when I don't need 75MP. Sensor generations are usually no more than 1/10th stop improved (quote Tony Northrup), Sony vs. Canon vs. Nikon are...
  9. M

Logical deductions: 1. The EOS Rs will be released early, the R2 will be released much later, that year to not canibalise the novelty cycle 2. Canon will have 1 big bang lens ala 28-70mm F2 and 70-200mm F2.8, I'm also hoping for the 14-28mm F2 and if so, I will buy it 3. the other lens will be...
  10. M

Patent: Canon RF 10-24mm f/4 and Canon RF 14-28 f/2.0

Taking the RF 28-70 F2.0 as the yard stick, another RF F2.0 would most likely aim at the same thing: 1. absolute technical minimum of hard to remove aberations (esp. Coma here) 2. light touch on easy to remove aberations, i.e. distortion, CA 3. 95% sharp wide open at both extremes at F2.0 4. on...