Search results

1. Eugene

Christmas Runaway (Short film shot on C100, Sigma 24mm 1.4, Tamron 45mm 1.8 VC)

Merry Christmas everybody! Just wanted to share my latest Christmas-themed short film with you guys :) https://youtu.be/k1vZEGtYe2Y It’s about being willing to give help to others and to be okay with your insecurities - in the spirit of holidays ahaha Anyways, was my first time using the 24mm...
  2. Eugene

Creative Transitions in Short Films (Holding On)

Hey guys, Recently made another short film about how one may have trouble moving on from something/someone and how moving on doesn’t mean letting go.. Completely. I wanted to combine drawings with the film as a way of showing a montage of two students throughout their four years at university...
  3. Eugene

IT'S MY TREAT! (comedic sketch)

Ahaha thanks dude! Yeah, it's quite a common behaviour :P
  4. Eugene

Estranged (Father-Son Short Film)

Thanks Sanj! I really got to get myself one of those white balance cards :/
  5. Eugene

IT'S MY TREAT! (comedic sketch)

Hey guys! Recently made a really short comedic sketch about how some friends really, really insist on getting the bill ahaha and would go through CRAZY lengths to pay for the meal Thought it'd be nice to share it here, since my usual short films that I post here are rather long and serious in...
  6. Eugene

Estranged (Father-Son Short Film)

Hey guys, Been quite a while! Have been working on a bigger project since my last post - but I'm happy to say it's finally completed, I'm really proud of it and would love to hear what you guys think of it. Really wanted to focus on how, for an unknown reason, we as a child slowly drift apart...
  7. Eugene

"What If" - Valentine's Day Short Film (Canon C100 and Tamron 45mm)

Hey guys, Made a short film that is sort of for Valentine's Day. Wanted to explore how a couple can reach a point when their relationship becomes.. Stagnant; when both mutually understand that they're coming to an end... Not the happiest thing to watch during Valentine's Day, but hopefully...
  8. Eugene

Exam Survival Tips

Wow.. Unfair indeed, AHAHAHAHA
  9. Eugene

Exam Survival Tips

Hey students out there!, Made a fun little comedy sketch on how (not) to study for your exams :) Check it out and let me know if you've been guilty of following these tips! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkr_dBUC-Uc&feature=youtu.be PS. Shot this with the Canon C100 (w/ 45mm 1.8 VC Lens!)...
  10. Eugene

Billy the Clown (Short film shot on C100 and Tamron 45mm VC)

Hey guys! Recently made this short film for halloween but could not edit it on time due to other commitments :/ but hey, better late than never! It was my first time shooting on a Canon C100 (prev. used 5D Mark ii), and my god, it's sharp. So sharp paired with the Tamron 45mm VC. And the...
  11. Eugene

Lens Cap and Hood Problems

Hi everyone, I'd just like to thank each and every one of you for your detailed responses - after some analysis, it has really helped us identify the main problem with existing lens cap and hood designs. We're currently working on a few concepts to hopefully help eliminate the problems and make...
  12. Eugene

Lens Cap and Hood Problems

Hey guys! I'm an engineering student and currently working on design flaws of existing lens caps and hood. I'd like to ask if there is or are anything in particular that you don't like about existing lens caps and hoods, and would like to see improved on? Please let me know your thoughts! :)...
  13. Eugene

This Is Where (5D, 24-105mm & smartLav+)

Hey guys, Recently made a rather short abstract film in Italy and explores how our minds behave when reflecting back on past relationships - sometimes, the bitter end of a relationship can drown the sweet memories that came before it; but it shouldn't. Three locations represent the different...
  14. Eugene

Fake slow motion shot with 5D

Hey guys, I made a film a few months back that made use of "fake" slow motion using the 5D mark ii. We had the actors act out the punch in slow motion and sped up certain parts of it in post - I think it turned out pretty good after adding some sound effects! Check it out...
  15. Eugene

Can you tell the difference between 5D footage and others?

Ahaha actually, only the scenes outside ikea were shot on the Sony
  16. Eugene

Can you tell the difference between 5D footage and others?

Hey guys! Been a while since I posted here ahaha but recently made this end-of-summer sorta video lip syncing to the song "Can't Stop the Feeling" by JT :) I wanted to show different places around my city and the world, but couldn't physically be there sometimes (obviously!) or just didn't have...
  17. Eugene

You Said You Loved Me (Short Film)

Hey guys, Been a while since my last video, but this time I'm back with a proper short film and it's my best work yet. This short film won Best Cinematography, Script, Performance, and Editing in my University's annual film competition - was hoping to win one or two awards, but to win all...
  18. Eugene

"February 14" - Valentine's Day Comedy (Tamron 45mm 1.8 and LIT WITH IPHONES!)

Thanks man, real motivational - will try to continue pursuing my dream!
  19. Eugene

Thank you so much kaswindell - I've been considering film as a career for a while now, but I'm still deciding :P I love making films, but not so sure if I can get into the industry, especially where I currently live :( @privatebydesign ahaha iPhones are indeed a really expensive source of light...
  20. Eugene

First of all.. Happy Valentine's Day! Made a new comedy titled "February 14" - shot completely on the Tamron 45mm F1.8 8) the F1.8 aperture was crucial for shooting the scenes at night, especially since I didn't want to push the ISO too much on my 5D Mark ii. Despite the large aperture, there...