Search results

1. A

RF 1.4x

I've just received an email from Canon announcing the 1.4x (& 2.0x) RF Converters. Is it me, or are the details a ‘bit thin’? Is this an RF>RF tele-converter, or RF>EF (which is what I’m really after)? I can't see myself ever upgrading my 200 or 400 lenses, and if it is RF>RF, what lenses is...
  2. A

Existing EF lenses on mirrorless

I like the elegance, or is it inevitability (?), of the Nikon solution for existing F-mount lenses on the Z-mount bodies. Maybe I’m being oversimplistic, but wasn't this the only obvious method? "Of course Canon will stick with EF lenses on mirrorless" is often quoted/prayed for, but how...
  3. A

Which converter, 1.4X or 2X, based on these lenses bodies

I have acquired numerous lenses over the years. I am in the process of switching (but maybe not completely) to full-frame. Should I get the 1.4X or 2X converter (no more money for lenses for at least 2 years)? Which of these lenses should I let go of, if any, based on the converter choice...
  4. A

7D2 Auto-focus (AI Servo mode)

Previously I was using the 7D with either 135/2L or 300/4L: the focus was always pretty accurate. I would generally use centre-spot. Occasionally my target would slip out of the middle, capturing background -or- I would miss an 'in-between' frames shot. Overall the camera performed as expected...
  5. A

6D & 1.4X -or- 7D Mk II?

For image quality, which would you prefer/recommend: 6D (FF & low-light capability) with a 1.4X converter or the new 7D2 (at native resolution, without a converter). I have the 300/4L, 135/2L & 50/1.4 - it is the 50mm performance that I am most interested in (70mm @ 2.0 with converter, versus...
  6. A

Which lens/body combo: non-purchase advice requested (50, 135 & 17-55 on 20D/7D)

I have just upgraded my body (camera as well :-)!!!), and am looking for recommendations on the best combo: My previous camera was the EOS-20D, which I have just upgraded to the 7D (5 months ago), with the intention of selling the older one. I purchased an EF 135 f/2L last year and was using...