Search results

1. E

1DX II cfast write speeds for 4K

Not much published regarding CFast card write speeds needed for sustained 4K recording. Please post your experience in 4k recording using the 1dx mark ii, both 30 and 60fps. Also which card you are using. Prices vary widely depending on write speed. Would be nice to see some real field data.
  2. E

13 Month Canon CarePAK offered free for new purchases

Cant seem to find if this was posted earlier so I'm going to put it out again. Canon has not widely advertised this. No fancy fliers in the boxes, no pop up ads when you register your new purchases online. Starting October 11, 2015 through January 9th, 2016, Canon is offering a 13 month...
  3. E

7D Mark II Amazing Custom Settings

Every day I am discovering something new with the 7D2..well at least new to me so thought I would start a thread on custom settings that you swear by and why you like them. The first I would like to share is the re-assignment of one of the back buttons (I used the AE lock button) to assign a...
  4. E

7D Mark II Reported Issues

Thought I would start a thread today for issues noticed with the 7D Mark II. I will start with one issue I discovered today shooting a Soccer game. First of all my setup: 7D MKII with 300mm F2.8L IS II [ AFMA +8 :( ] Ok got that taken care of. The one issue I noticed is a lag from the time...
  5. E

BIF and Wildlife using Magic Lantern Dual ISO

I spent a day shooting wildlife using Magic Lanterns Dual ISO mode on my 5D3 and was pleasantly surprised with the results. I was wondering if anyone else has used Dual iso for such and care to share their settings and experiences. I was using 400/1600 on a day with full sun which i think...
  6. E

Anything shot with an EOS-3 35mm

I felt a bit nostalgic and picked up an EOS-3 35mm film camera and was pleasantly surprised i could still find 35mm film being sold at CVS. Ive been shooting with a 5diii and 7d for so long i forgot what film images really look like. Im still on my first roll of film but wondering if anyone...
  7. E

How do you pack and carry your EOS-M?

Wondering what everyone uses to pack and/or carry your Eos-m around with along with its accessories?
  8. E

Post Your Comet Pictures

Comet 2011L4 has been putting on quite a show in the southern hemisphere and next week (3/10/2013) those of us in the northern hemisphere will get a chance. Please post your comet pictures and let us know what equipment/settings you used.
  9. E

Canon 1DX vs 5DIII Wildlife Comparison

I just completed my two week eval of the Canon 1DX shooting wildlife exclusively. I shoot regularly with a 5DIII and was curious to see what the 1DX might offer over the 5DIII. I paired it up with a 600 f/4 and shot with and without a 1.4X III converter. I tried the 2XIII but at AFMA -20 it...
  10. E

600mm F/4L IS AFMA settings

Can anyone provide guidance on their AFMA settings used with their 600 F/4L IS? I primarily am using a 5DMIII now. Also If you've used Focal to calibrate your AFMA settings, what target distance and size has worked best for you? I have had issues getting the software to finish a test and my...