Search results

1. J

Filming on trail

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it! I've barely done any filming and wouldn't know what type of stabilizer will work on a hike without being too heavy or too fiddly. That being said, my thought process is kinda like this: 1) I already have a camera which I love and wouldn't want to...
  2. J

Filming on trail

Don't worry, I'll definitely do my fair share of practice before heading out on a longer hike (which will be in July-September). But as I'm pretty sure I'll need some sort of stabilizer to do this, and it is going to cost me a bit, I wanted to know my options and figure out how much money to set...
  3. J

Filming on trail

Just to clarify: I wasn't talking of making the typical youtube hiking video; the ones with a camera on a selfie stick filming most of the trip. It's hard explain, I guess. But I want to film short clips of the scenery, not myself or some endless hiking video. So my main question would be how to...
  4. J

Filming on trail

I'll definitely try to use my trekking pole as a monopod :)
  5. J

Filming on trail

I've been debating this for a while now, and still haven't come up with a good solution (or compromise) for my problem. These last couple of years I've been spending more and more time hiking, and have usually only taken stills. This year I really want to film some short sequences while hiking...
  6. J

Quick 85mm question

Thanks for all your input! There is a reason why you shouldn't buy the most expensive equipment right away, nothing will ever measure up after ;) But to be serious, I might be able to live without F1.2, barely, but there is just something special with the bokeh of the 85L. Maybe I'm the weird...
  7. J

Quick 85mm question

Hey! I have a quick question about the Canon 85 mm 1.8 and 1.2. I used to own the 1.2L and used it for everything, rarely took it off, but I made the mistake of selling it. I am now considering saving up for it, but as it's so expensive I am also considering the 1.8. When I had the 1.2L I used...
  8. J

Post your Panoramics!

Panorama taken at a small peak called "Torshammaren", "Thor's hammer" in English. Panorama of my home town, Arendal
  9. J

Mountains, Lakes and Rivers

In late August I took a short trip to Jotunheimen, Norway. Since I had to walk with a heavy pack, I decided to only bring my Sigma 35mm Art. All photos are here. Here's a few (taken off facebook so the quality might be a bit lower than the original): This is the view of Gjende taken from...
  10. J

Peak Design Camera clip or Black Rapid Backpack Strap?

Hi, I've been thinking about getting a Black Rapid Backpack Strap (though I already have Sport) for my next hiking trip. But I recently came over the Peak Design Camera Clip, and wondered id that would be a better solution for carrying (I would still bring the BR Sport). My concern would be the...
  11. J

[Solved] Lenses for a 3-5 day hike

Re: Lenses for a 3-5 day hike Q1: Is a 40 mm ball head good for my Canon 70-200 F4L IS? Or should it be bigger? I have no plans of getting anything heavier than the Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS II. Q2: Any experiences with PhotoClam ball heads? Q3: I've heard good things about RRS ball heads, but...
  12. J

Re: Lenses for a 3-5 day hike I've been checking some prices on renting a 16-35 (F2.8L II) and for 5 days it will cost me 2/3 of a used 17-40, so that solves that dilemma. I'm usually a minimalist (or far as one can be when having a 5D3) when it comes to my photography gear. 90% of the time...
  13. J

Re: Lenses for a 3-5 day hike Just to sum up: [list type=decimal] Tripod: Any suggestion below 500 usd? Lens: Upon reviewing by budget I know I can't afford the 16-35, but a used 17-40 might do. Filter: CP + adapter. Tripod mount for the 70-200 if cheap Total of 3 batteries and 3 16 GB memory...
  14. J

Re: Lenses for a 3-5 day hike Ah, thanks! I didn't know that :)
  15. J

Re: Lenses for a 3-5 day hike I'm from Norway, and living there, so I'll be traveling by buss to Jotunheimen (Gjende or Bygdin) then hiking from there (3-5 days) and tenting. I can't be lugging along too heavy equipment, but the size doesn't matter as long as it's not heavy. I might be able to...
  16. J

Re: Lenses for a 3-5 day hike Good idea! I've have sold and bought a lot of equipment the last few years, but for a long period the only lens I used was the 85L. I'm hoping that Sigma might design a 85mm F1.4 Art :P I've never liked wide angles, mostly because I suck at composing with them...
  17. J

Re: Lenses for a 3-5 day hike Thanks for the reply. I might go for the 17-40 instead to save some money, but I am wondering if a fisheye could be cool instead (?). I'm not good with wide angle lenses, I find it hard to compose with it, but I am afraid that I might miss one on that kind of trips.
  18. J

Hi, I am planing on taking a trip to Jotunheimen, Norway in August, might be going alone too, and I am considering what gear to bring/buy. I have: Canon 5D Mark III with a Black Rapid Strap Sigma 35mm Art Canon 70-200 F4L IS NiftyFifty Extra memory card and battery (1 extra?) + a tripod...
  19. J

Connect DSLR to PC/Projector wireless

The 5D2 takes 1 CF card
  20. J

Connect DSLR to PC/Projector wireless

I am totally blank on this subject! I might get to shoot a birthday in June and some have been wondering if it is possible to "stream" photos directly on to the projector/pc? To clarify, I want to: Show photos as I take them directly on to the projector/pc, wireless? Any solutions for this...