Search results

1. J

R6/R5/RF Rebates coming?

Any word on upcoming rebates for R6/R5/RF for Canada and/or the US?
  2. J

Setting Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) on EOS-M3

I am trying to map FEC to a button via the 'custom controls' area available in the camera controls section and cannot find a means to map FEC to one of the customizable buttons - has anyone had any luck with this? Also, are the two ways below the only way to invoke FEC? Camera controls (in...
  3. J

S120 Successor?

I don't recall anything being announced to succeed the S120, have any of you heard anything of a looming release? Thanks in advance
  4. J

Buy Canon 24-70 M.II and sell 24-105, 17-40 and possibly 50 1.4???

I have a 5D3 with the following line-up: 24-105 17-40 40/2.8 50/1.4 85/1.8 100L 135L 70-200/4.0/IS TC 1.4x, MK.II I am toying with the idea of selling the 24-105, 17-40 and possibly 50 1.4 and was wondering others thoughts on this and if you have gone that route and regretted it or not. I would...
  5. J

Sager (gamer) Laptop for PS and LR

I was looking at Ultrabooks - the ASUS Zenbook UX32VD ($1500) but realized I would be paying 75% the cost of getting a less portable but way more powerful laptop ($2000). Does anyone has has any comments on Sager notebooks...
  6. J

5d3: HDR VS Multiple Expsosure vs AEB

I have never done HDR with the exception of playing around with the in camera HDR functionality. My question is I may take some shots this weekend that could benefit from HDR processing and was wondering if I could get some tips on the best approach. From what I can gather, the multiple...
  7. J

5D3 Light Leak Issue - Did you send yours in???

I am considering sending mine in, not because it is affecting my images just because I think it should be updated. I don't intend to sell it any time soon but I am sure it helps in that regard. I saw number 5Dc sellers mention the mirror fix and 1D3 owners talk about the fix for AF being...
  8. J

Odd Behaviour between CF and SDHC card

I am experiencing odd behaviour when I remove the CF card to upload images to the computer. Regardless of whether I am in Standard or Auto Switch Card mode, the camera will switch to the SDHC card. I just tried it with the camera off and it remained on the CF card when I re-inserted the CF again...
  9. J

5D3 Imaging Viewing Malfunction

I have the original firmware (1.0.7) on my body and I experienced weird behaviour this past weekend on a shoot. I turned the camera on and went to focus and it did not seem to auto-focus. I checked if the 85/1.8 was in MF but it was in AF. I took a shot and it thew image did not pop up on the...
  10. J

Quicj Release Hand Strap

I have a Canon E2 hand strap and am looking for a quick release grommet or eyelet to be able to remove the hand strap from the camera body top eyelet. I want the option to remove the hand strap without having to thread and un-thread it each time. I know Optex have these but it still does not...
  11. J

5D3: INFO vs. Q button

Is it possible to get the Q button to behave like the INFO button as it relates to 'Display Shooting Settings'? When you are in still shooting mode, if you press INFO 3 times (or fewer if you have removed Display camera settings and Electronic Level) you are presented with the Display Shooting...
  12. J

Hand strap recommendation

I was thinking of getting a hand strap to augment my Black Rapid RS-4. There are occasions when I might prefer a hand strap rather than a sling. I know Canon makes one, although it is not wuick to mount or remove. Any suggestions? I am open to eBay stuff if you have a link to a decent one...
  13. J

(CAN) Henry's extended warranty of 5D3

I have the option of buying an extended warranty on the 5D3 for $469 or the entire kit at $599. This would give me the following for a total of four years: Anti-Lemon Protection 30 Day Price Protection 90 Day Defective Exchange Global Coverage...
  14. J

Yongnuo wireless Intervelometer

I was looking into buying an intervalometer and was wondering if anyone had experience with the Yongnuo MC-36R? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/YONGNUO-MC-36R-C3-Wireless-Timer-Remote-CANON-5D-II-7D-1D-IV-50D-40D-30D-20D-/330673602061?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item4cfdaebe0d It seems like it...
  15. J

5D Mk.III Prices set to Rise?

In the recent post http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/03/5d-mark-iii-availability-update there is a rumor that prices will be regulated. cr says: "It’s also rumored Canon will regulate the price of this camera starting in May. Which means, there will be a certain price point that a retailer cannot...
  16. J

40D vs 5D3: ISO and lens question

I currently have a 40D with a 17-55. I am looking at getting a 5D3 with the kit 24-105 lens. I am also knocking around the notion of getting the 24-70 II instead of the 24-105 in order to maintain 2.8 aperture. I am a hobbyist who likes to do portraiture, the odd event, vacations and the like...
  17. J

5D Mk III Kit Lenses

It looks like there may be both the 24-105 4.0 IS Mk.I and 24-70 2.8 Mk.II being offered based on Photoprice.ca as they have placeholders for both: 24-105 kit http://www.photoprice.ca/product/03870/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-with-EF-24-105-IS-Kit-price.html 24-70 Mk.II kit...