Search results

1. neuroanatomist

Upcoming 2024 Canon RF lens recap

2. neuroanatomist

They’re apparently planning to launch a 70-200/2.8 Z for a hybrid photo/video market, which will ‘compete’ with the current 70-200/2.8. These primes won’t have the Z designation, but perhaps they’ll have the clickless aperture ring like the 24-105/2.8 Z.
  3. neuroanatomist

Obviously. That’s why in my post, I mentioned no one other than myself.
  4. neuroanatomist

If true, my money will remain in my gear fund. No interest in primes in this range, and unless the 70-200/2.8 Z offers something unforeseen over the current RF 70-200/2.8, it’s also of no interest. No interest in RF-S from anyone, my M-series bodies and EF-M lenses remain a great compact system...
  5. neuroanatomist

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

These lenses will make some people very happy. Personally, I’ll stick with my 28-70/2 to cover that range (close enough in FL and aperture, for me).
  6. neuroanatomist

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

Thanks for bringing me to my senses. I still maintain that TS lenses are very, very popular and all photographers use them (or wish they could), even though I have no data to back up that assertion. But for myself, I found the perfect solution – there's a $10 tilt shift app for my iPhone and...
  7. neuroanatomist

Canon needs to stop puttering around with 50mm lenses that nobody wants and release the TS-E 14 they promised, or else me and everyone else will switch to Sony’s open mount that allows 3rd party lenses like the… Well, that fell apart rather quickly.
  8. neuroanatomist

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

Typically, the MP count is the last information known…often not until the 1-2 days before the actual announcement.
  9. neuroanatomist

RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM

"Hospital Cellblock" – Cellblock 3, the hospital at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia EOS R8, RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM @ 10mm, 1/80 s, f/8, ISO 2000 "Independence Hall" – original State House in Philadelphia EOS R8, RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM @ 10mm, 1/100 s, f/8, ISO 100 "The Room Where...
  10. neuroanatomist

Canon releases a full frame 19MP Global shutter sensor to Market

That makes sense. The issue I have is when people claim 'Canon must...' or 'Canon is not stepping up their game', or similar comments. The question is, "Or else, what?" Canon's financial reporting indicates that their camera division is profitable, and seeing growth in profits. Sony does not...
  11. neuroanatomist

A big maybe. YouTube (p)reviewers are obsessed with comparing systems because it drives click revenue. In the real world, brand switching is not the norm. Sure, it happens…but not commonly. Or so the data show, despite people’s anecdotes about them or ‘everyone they know’ switching systems. The...
  12. neuroanatomist

Does DR in video recording differ from DR in still images?
  13. neuroanatomist

A fourth unreleased Canon camera has appeared for certification

Yeah, it’s funny. The newly-released consumer-level products seem well supplied. Even the 28/2.8, though it was on the delay list, was released early and was widely available. RF-S lenses and non-L lenses are in stock and often discounted. Older L-series lenses get discounts, too. But the...
  14. neuroanatomist

A fourth unreleased Canon camera has appeared for certification

In your experience, does Canon have a long history of releasing successor models at lower prices than their predecessors? Particularly when inflation is high? Meanwhile, I recommend some dextromethorphan for that cough. When the R5II launches at a higher (or at least, not lower) price than the...
  15. neuroanatomist

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

Five years? Troll much? The R1 is a 1-series body. Starting from the 1D X, we have 2012 > 2016 > 2020 > ____. What number should go in that blank?
  16. neuroanatomist

Canon releases firmware updates for 5 telephoto RF lenses

If f/7.1 is too slow, is f/6.3 or f/5.6 fast enough? That seems an unsupportable position in terms of real-world use. If you need meaningfully faster than the RF 100-500, you need an f/4 lens. What f/4 lenses in Nikon’s lineup are superior to Canon’s equivalents? I sincerely hope your statement...