Search results

1. P

6DII Sensor: Estimated high ISO IQ advantage over 5DIV?

Hi everyone, now that the 6DII is rumored to have a new 26 MP sensor, how will 4 MP less pay off in lowlight IQ? Any guesses? Thanks in advance and kind regards Peter
  2. P

Canon's FF Mirrorless Camera Will Have Same Internals as EOS 6D Mark II

Hi, maybe you've seen this as well over at the CW site For what it's worth... Contains a claim for a mirrorless FF body based on the upcoming 6DII... Also contains the recent rumored specs published here After yesterday’s rehash of all our EOS 6D Mark II rumors, I am glad I’ve got a new and...
  3. P

6DII price tag and MP count rumor

Hi everyone, For what it is worth. Stumbled upon it over at dpr. Maybe to good to be true...time will tell. https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58738176 Kr Peter
  4. P

Request for advice: Nightphotography & Sigma 12-24 F/4 Art

Hi, I am currently using the Samyang 14 F/2.8 on my 6D. Would like to go a bit wider. As a hobbyist photographer, I cannot justify the purchase of Canon's 11-24 F/2.8 Lonley Speck is not very positive about F/4 lenses for lowlight. What do you think? Had the Canon 16-35 F/2.8 until it got...
  5. P

Need advice: Greenish tint in 6D photographs

Hi, Bought my 6D this January. While shooting a few frames indoor today, I saw a greenish tint in some parts of the photographs at ISO 3200. Shot several frames, sometimes it appears, sometimes not. Depending a bit on exposure value it is visible more clearly. Sometimes it appears near...
  6. P

Alleged 30 MP 5DIV - 6D II 24 MP?

If the tba 5DIV allegedly has a 30 MP sensor, how likely is it that the 6DII will get 24 MP?
  7. P

Irix 11mm / Irix 15mm: 15mm due for this summer

Hi, Just got a mail by the IRIX team: Hi, At the moment we focus on introducing 15mm to the market and we are aiming for the summertime period. 11mm will follow this year. Please subscribe to Irix newsletter to stay tuned! Visit http://irixlens.com/ Best regards, The Irix Team
  8. P

Beware April Fools...Hoax 5DIV announcement?

Hi I just happened to see this. <URL Removed because this stuff is stupid> Not likely, I guess. As there was a 6DII announcement on a german website as well ;D To good be true, altough I would actually like to see a 24 MP 5DIV...
  9. P

Pentax K1 Astrotracer - intresting

Hi I would like to see such a feature in an upcoming Canon. Makes quite some sense, hopefully they come along with some field previews using this tech. http://www.dpreview.com/news/7158808396/worth-the-wait-a-look-inside-the-pentax-k-1?slide=10 well, minus blurred nightscapes by shooting in...
  10. P

A dpr user's hands on previews of a pre-production 1 DXII

A dpr member was given an pre-prod 1DXII to fiddle with. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57264293 Intresting statements: Update # 3: Noise So far I have found nothing in what I opened Rawy (admittedly much I was looking for) so I can make a comparison with the JPG off noise reduction...
  11. P

Likeliness of on-chip A/D converters in the next 5D & 6D bodies?

I just wondered, if that is the current sensor tech to be applied in Canon's FF body line-up or if this feature will remain a characteristic asset of the flag ship line only? Or is it too early for any guess work? Thanks for your opinions.
  12. P

Question: To be expected native ISO range in 1DxII, 5DIV, 6DII?

Hi, Looking at the evolutionary development and some vague hints at enhanced sensor tech by Canon, which native ISO range can be expected concerning upcoming bodies including all the necessary components: architecture, processors, etc? I can't care less for marketing gimmickish ISO3.2 Mega. But...
  13. P

Upcoming Canon FF bodies question: CF/CFfast compatibility

Hi, While reading discussions on upcoming FF bodies I just asked myself, if let's say a next 5D body will accept my CF cards or if it requires a whole new set of memory units? Thank you for your help, feeling quite greenhornish tech-wise ;-) And Happy New Year of course Regards Peter
  14. P

A Simple Filter Change Could Make Low-Light Photography Much Better

Did anyone hear about that before? "Good low-light photography is one of the toughest nuts to crack: to get good pictures in the dark normally requires some combination of fast lenses and big, expensive sensors. But tweaking one filter that lives inside the camera could help big time." whole...
  15. P

Sony A7SII announced !

Well,... https://presscentre.sony.eu/pressreleases/sony-expands-range-of-compact-full-frame-mirrorless-cameras-with-the-launch-of-the-ultra-sensitive-a7s-ii-1216386/...
  16. P

Sony's RAW compression

Hi everyone, There are no intensions for label bashing by posting this. But it might be a good reason for staying away from A7 series (e.g. A7s for astro as a second body) until this issue gets resolved. "A Raw file is a Raw file, right? Well, not exactly. Lately, there's been a lot of talk (and...
  17. P

A question regarding the full frame 4-million-ISO-vid-cam

Hi, along with the recent anncouncement of this high ISO monster cam I would just like to ask the experts here in the forum, what you think could trickle down into an overnext 1Dx, 5Dx body...Might we see a crippled 1 Mio ISO 1DxIII version along with a 5DV? If so, they surely are in the...
  18. P

Likeliness of on-chip ADC and foveon-style pixels in upcoming Canon FF bodies?

It might seem inpatient, however. How many hints do we have, that this tech could be implemented in new boies like the 5Dx/IV or whatever and the 1DXII? They didn't do it in the 5DS/SR...so what ya think?
  19. P

5DX/5DIV announcement Q1 2016?

Hi, Just a few thoughts: According to the timeline over at NL, is there a slight chance to see an 5DIV announcement by March 2016? As this would relate to the 5DII's cycle up to the 5D3. Having my 5DIII (purchased 08/27/2012) recently been stolen (Aug 6) due to an assault from behind while...
  20. P

Some 5DIV talk over at NL

"A report (thanks) of 5D4 testing, where there is still a mix between 18 and 24MP. 24MP is the likely final outcome, with the lower MP sensor testing AF speed and buffer management issues (less than 8FPS is the likely shooting speed)" Keith's point to that: If this is so, then it suggest that...