Search results

1. M

Canon to announce the PowerShot Pick next week

19-57 mm is 4x zoom?
  2. M

Patent: Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

What does the image height of 21.64 mm mean? I thought the image height of FF camera was 24 mm, not 21.64 mm.
  3. M

I just wanted to clarify things about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 from yesterday’s report

I guess it was 5D Mark III. I was checking the serial number of affected units before buying mine.
  4. M

Fujifilm thinks the Canon EF-M mount is the best in the business for ease of lens design

I wonder why the formula doesn't calculate with the value of sensor shift. It could have an influence on value of value angle. Or am I wrong?
  5. M

Magical Tuscany

Hi guys, I managed to visit this beautiful place in May 2017. Here is my attempt to capture the unforgettable genius loci of this divine piece of the world: https://www.zonerama.com/mmartphoto/Album/3399633 Enjoy :) Some samples:
  6. M

What is your Canon wish list ?

An Eye selection of AF points! It worked great on my film cameras.
  7. M

More Canon EOS M5 Specifications Emerge

I wonder, why there isn't any mention about built in GPS, especially when the camera is ideal for travelling.
  8. M

Light temperature measurement

Hi folks, is it possible to use in some way a spectrometer ColorMunki Photo to find out the ambient light temperature? I use to have a LED lamp turned on during editing, which has several different color temperature modes. Unfortunately none of them is specified in the user manual. I would like...
  9. M

Sun sniper fixing screw problem

Hi all, I just have got a message from Sun Sniper, that metallic washer (c clip) can be removed. The reason why it was on a brand new produst still remains for me a secret :-)
  10. M

Hi Graham, thank you for your post. Concerning the c clip, you might be right. However, I wonder why the manufacturer doesn't mention removing it in an instruction manual. Weird!
  11. M

Hi guys, I have bought your Sun Sniper "The Steel" strap. Instruction manual says the fixing screw should be screwed firmly until the rubber washer is visibly squeezed, but it is not possible with my strap. The metallic washer prevents the rubber washer to be in the firm contact with the bottom...
  12. M

LR backup

Hi everyone. I use to backup LR catalog regularly. Is it alo recommended to backup the photos previews as well, or just in case of restoration the previews will be generated automatically? BTW, are the keywords stored in catalog? Many thanks in advance.
  13. M

Setting an EV increment value in LR

Hi guys, is there any way how to set up the increment value of LR sliders (EV, contrast etc)? Using the arrows keys the EV is changed in 0.1 increments. But it is possible to set up for example the increment 0.25, or 0.33 EV? Many thanks in advance.
  14. M

Vertical curtain velocity

I was thinkig about real velocity of shutter curtain. I guess that vertial curtain velocity does not change and changes just timing of second curtain release. It means that slot between curtains travels at constant speed, but width of slot depends on shutter speed set up. The amount of light...
  15. M

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

My contribution to this thread. I never thought the IS would be so effective. Exp. data: Time: f35 mm, 1/3 s, F16, 5D MkIII, ISO 100, handheld. Sheraton: f16, 1s(!), F8, 5D MkIII, ISO 800, handheld.
  16. M

Yongnuo YN600EX-RT at Photokina?

Hi Hardwire, I visited their booth at Photokina and had a chance to try 35 f/2 and 50 f/1.8 lenses. At first I was thinking they are showing Canon lenses – appearance was obvious. Many visitors including me were asking for the availability and price of a new flash. We were told that the price...
  17. M

LP-E6N Backwards Compatible

I asked the same question at Photokina fair in Germany last month and was told it is backwards compatible. Anyway, advertised higher capacity is negligible in my opinion (1850 vs 1800 mAh) and not worth the money.
  18. M

Battery recharge performance

I have the LP-E6 battery being manufactured in 2010. Recharge performance indicator shows one red square only, so according user manual I should consider buying a new one. However, I didn`t notice the battery has lower capacity in comparison with another one produced in 2012. Therefore I wonder...
  19. M

Within Forests

A few pics from my Nostalgy series.
  20. M

Lensrentals Canon UWA FF lens comparison

A nice UWA lenses comparison Lensrentals.com made a nice comparison of UWA lenses: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2014/07/canon-wide-angle-zoom-comparison