Search results

1. M

Magical Tuscany

Hi guys, I managed to visit this beautiful place in May 2017. Here is my attempt to capture the unforgettable genius loci of this divine piece of the world: https://www.zonerama.com/mmartphoto/Album/3399633 Enjoy :) Some samples:
  2. M

Light temperature measurement

Hi folks, is it possible to use in some way a spectrometer ColorMunki Photo to find out the ambient light temperature? I use to have a LED lamp turned on during editing, which has several different color temperature modes. Unfortunately none of them is specified in the user manual. I would like...
  3. M

Sun sniper fixing screw problem

Hi guys, I have bought your Sun Sniper "The Steel" strap. Instruction manual says the fixing screw should be screwed firmly until the rubber washer is visibly squeezed, but it is not possible with my strap. The metallic washer prevents the rubber washer to be in the firm contact with the bottom...
  4. M

LR backup

Hi everyone. I use to backup LR catalog regularly. Is it alo recommended to backup the photos previews as well, or just in case of restoration the previews will be generated automatically? BTW, are the keywords stored in catalog? Many thanks in advance.
  5. M

Setting an EV increment value in LR

Hi guys, is there any way how to set up the increment value of LR sliders (EV, contrast etc)? Using the arrows keys the EV is changed in 0.1 increments. But it is possible to set up for example the increment 0.25, or 0.33 EV? Many thanks in advance.
  6. M

Vertical curtain velocity

I was thinkig about real velocity of shutter curtain. I guess that vertial curtain velocity does not change and changes just timing of second curtain release. It means that slot between curtains travels at constant speed, but width of slot depends on shutter speed set up. The amount of light...
  7. M

Battery recharge performance

I have the LP-E6 battery being manufactured in 2010. Recharge performance indicator shows one red square only, so according user manual I should consider buying a new one. However, I didn`t notice the battery has lower capacity in comparison with another one produced in 2012. Therefore I wonder...
  8. M

5DMkIII wallpaper?

Hello, I am looking for a desktop wallpaper showing the 5DMk III as a main subject. I googled some of them, but I'm not fully satisfied yet. I would prefer a low key picture allowing distinct display of icons. Could anyone share? Many thanks in advance!
  9. M

Writing keywords from jpg to raw file

I shoot jpg+raw (crw, cr2) and in the past I incontinently tagged with keywords only all of my jpg files. Now I would like to write the keywords also to the raw files. I can't imagine doing it manually. Is there any automated way how to do it, i. e. read the keywords from jpg EXIF and write it...
  10. M

How to delete raw and jpg files simultaneously?

I tried to set up my 5D3 in order to write raw files on CF card and jpgs on SD. The playback was set on SD card. When I delete picture, the only jpg file from the SD card is deleted, raw file stays untouched on the CF. How to arrange to delete both, raw and jpg files simulaneously?
  11. M

EF 24-70 II + Cokin P

I have Cokin P filter system with wide angle filter holder (one filter slot only). Is this holder going to vignette at wide end of EF 24-70 II?
  12. M

Do you use Long Exposure Noise Reduction?

When shooting with ND1000 or infrared filters, I have dilemma whether to set the LENR on, or off. Off means faster work, on – less noise. What do you prefer? BTW, is also RAW file less noisy when LENR is applied?
  13. M

Photo stores and photo tips in Munich

I am going to Munich (Germany) in the middle of May. Has any of you knowing this city some tips for interesting photo locations as well as photo stores offering also second hand lenses? Thanks in advance.
  14. M

EOS not good for NASA?

It's not a secret that NASA uses Nikon cameras and lenses (http://www.nikon.com/news/2009/1221_NASA-D3S_01.htm) after using Hasselblad cameras during the Apollo mission. Could we reveal the reason?