Search results

1. Eagle Eye

SmallRig announces LP-E6NH battery for Canon, priced at $39.99 USD.

LP-E6NH absolutely charges inside an EOS R with the 2021 R firmware update.
  2. Eagle Eye

Rubber hood for EVF-DC2

I purchased a pair of Sedremm DK-19 eyecups for $8. Pulled out the metal mounting ring (no tools or even effort required), and fitted the cup snugly over the EVF-DC2 with minimal effort. Dioptic adjustment still turns easily. It’s solved the light leak issue. Highly recommend for anyone shooting...
  3. Eagle Eye

RF to M Adapter?

Weight and portability. I never used super telephotos to begin with. I had the 16-35 f/4L, 24-70 f/4L, 70-300 f/5.6L, 50 f/1.2L, 135 f/2L, and the 100mm f/2.8L Macro and have gradually replaced them with the EF-M 11-22, 18-150, 55-250, 32, and the Sigma 56mm
  4. Eagle Eye

Rubber hood for EVF-DC2

Hi M users. One of my complaints about the M6 Mark II is that I find it challenging to shoot in bright light. Shooting with the EVF is only slightly better than shooting with the viewfinder. I end up cupping my left hand over top the viewfinder to get it dark enough. I’m trying to find a rubber...
  5. Eagle Eye

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

Magic. Or 21st century engineering.
  6. Eagle Eye

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

I have 13 EF-M mount lenses. If this is the end of the system, Canon had better find an engineering solution to use those lenses on an APS-C Rf camera. Before someone regurgitates the “that’s impossible!”, no, it’s not. It could even be done without an adaptor. If they do that, I’m fine with...
  7. Eagle Eye

2021 roadmap and no mention of a new M camera?

I think we’ll see a new hobbyist M this year. It’s a high volume market and there’s a lot of competition in the APS-C mirrorless space. I bought an m6ii when it came out, but like you, I’d prefer an M5 style with an integrated viewfinder. It’s a shame, though. I think Canon could drive sales of...
  8. Eagle Eye

RF to M Adapter?

I think a speed booster from Canon would make a lot of sense. It future proof’s your purchase of Canon products. I abandoned my 6D and EF L glass to build an M system. I’d love to add some RFs to it. When Canon eventually drops the M system, my possession of RF glass would make switch to the R...
  9. Eagle Eye

Rumored Canon EOS M7 camera specifications, and the end of the line for EOS M? [CR1]

An RF-mount APS-C would definitely compete better than an EF-M mount camera with the biggest market threats to Canon, right? Fuji, Nikon, Sony, right? Or wait, is the biggest market threat coming from cellphones, meaning the best way to compete is with an ultra-compact and inexpensive line with...
  10. Eagle Eye

A new EOS M camera appears for certification, with a twist

Gotcha. Yet another reason for Canon to replace the 15-45.
  11. Eagle Eye

A new EOS M camera appears for certification, with a twist

Actually, the EF-M filter size is very uniform - 43mm, 52mm, and 55mm. Primes are all 43mm, 11-22 and 18-150 are both 55mm.
  12. Eagle Eye

New EOS M camera specifications [CR1]

It certainly is baffling that a company would continue to innovate one of their best-selling product lines.
  13. Eagle Eye

New EOS M camera specifications [CR1]

I agree that 12 FPS seems weird for the new flagship. In terms of aggression, by bifurcating their camera line into the M and R, Canon can essentially put whatever they want/can into the M bodies without fear of hurting their R-series sales. I wouldn’t be surprised if they roll out some M...
  14. Eagle Eye

Five new EF-M lenses for the EOS M lineup coming? [CR1]

In 2016, I left EF full-frame behind for the EOS M5 and its native lenses. I would be overjoyed to get several of these lenses, primarily the 52mm prime and the 100-300mm zoom (with a 55mm filter diameter, the perfect third lens for a landscape kit with the 11-22 and 18-150). I’d likely pick up...
  15. Eagle Eye

Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

This with a 70-300/70-400 with the same filter size would be the perfect backpacking landscape setup. I’d replace my M6 Mark II, EF-M 11-22, and EF-M 18-150 immediately with that setup.
  16. Eagle Eye

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

Pure speculation that I don’t think tracks with the market or Canon’s own statements. There’s no schism between M and R - they are simply distinct systems. Tight markets usually require more products to target various market segments and the M is specialized for that purpose. The RP is an...
  17. Eagle Eye

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

Canonrumors, you’ve mentioned a few times that “Canon” has told you twice that the M6 Mark II replaces the M5, but I’ve never seen an independent post with the details of those notifications. Who told you? When? What context? I have doubts that Canon would a) have conclusively made that...
  18. Eagle Eye

M6 mk II review...

I thought the review was fine, but I definitely question whether there’s scientific method behind some of their assertions. The main claim I have an issue with is that the EF-M 32mm is the only native lens to benefit from the increased resolution. Every lens will benefit from increased sensor...
  19. Eagle Eye

What’s next from Canon?

The one native EF-M lens I feel I'm missing is a 53mm f/1.8. I'm using either a Rokinon 50mm manual focus or the EF 50mm STM now. Both are good, but I'd love to have a native lens with the same filter diameter as the EF-M 32mm. As for M5 construction - I generally agree that it feels less...