Search results

1. Eagle Eye

Rubber hood for EVF-DC2

Hi M users. One of my complaints about the M6 Mark II is that I find it challenging to shoot in bright light. Shooting with the EVF is only slightly better than shooting with the viewfinder. I end up cupping my left hand over top the viewfinder to get it dark enough. I’m trying to find a rubber...
  2. Eagle Eye

Loosen a Control Dial

Hi everyone, Recently purchased an EOS M on eBay. Downgraded from an M2 because Snapseed will edit RAW files from the M but not the M2. Sadly, the "functionally flawless" description of the M body was not completely accurate. The control dial on the back is extremely tight, so much so that I...
  3. Eagle Eye

iOS Workflow

Does anyone have a RAW workflow on iOS that they recommend? I have about 500gb of RAW .dng files and would like to explore doing most future workflow on an iPad while making my old photos also accessible. Looks like a wireless hard drive (My Passport Wireless), Drop Box, and iCloud are all...
  4. Eagle Eye

Downsizing

I bought an EOS M with a 22mm after the steep discounts in the US kicked in. Used it every now and then, but it never really hooked me. My regular kit is a 5D Mark II, 16-35 f/4, 70-300L, and a Zeiss 50mm Makro, 67 and 77mm polarizers, Lee system with six grads and a Big and Little Stopper, all...
  5. Eagle Eye

Camera plate

Anyone know of a good camera plate for an EOS M2? Dimensions are slightly smaller than for the M, but wondering if anyone can verify that the RRS plate will work. Ideally I'd like an l-bracket, but I have yet to see one anywhere. Thanks!
  6. Eagle Eye

Market Share

Very interesting to see the EOS M2 and M so competitive in Japan in 2014, especially given the limited lens line-up for the system. From Petapixel.
  7. Eagle Eye

Tripod options

Looking for some educated thoughts. I have two tripods, a Gitzo 3532LS and a Gitzo 1541T. Both have Markins heads appropriate to their size. Shooting last summer on the 1541, column down, windy, 70-300L with Lee hardware on the front, tripod collar, half second exposures. I was getting blurry...
  8. Eagle Eye

Yongnuo 600EX problem

Hi folks, I picked up a Yongnuo 600EX-RT a few weeks ago. Great flash unit. The only issue I'm having is the settings not being retained when I turn the flash unit off and back on, even leaving the batteries in. All custom functions reset to factory default. I'm guessing it's a physical problem...
  9. Eagle Eye

70-300L in Lowepro Trekker

Anyone have a 70-300L and a Lowepro Pro Trekker 300? Will the lens fit vertically (front or rear of lens facing opening) into the bag with at least a rear cap and low-profile filter on? Anyone know of a rear lens cap that is lower profile than the Canon cap? I've heard Sigmas are a little...
  10. Eagle Eye

EF-S 10-18mm Image Stabilizer System

Just picked up a 10-18mm for my sister-in-law, who is getting ready to head to Europe. I noticed in the instruction manual that it says the image stabilizer only works on the EOS 7D and only at 18mm. I was not able to hear anything kicking in when I tested the lens on my 20D at very low shutter...
  11. Eagle Eye

Vello Grip

Anyone know if the 5d Mark III Vello grip will work on the 5d Mark II, and if so, will it retain functionality of the multi controller?
  12. Eagle Eye

Filter Holders

I'm looking to pick up a filter holder for long exposures with an ND grad. I currently have a set of Lee .6 and .9 hard and soft ND grads, plus .9 and 1.2 Singh-Ray reverse ND grads, all 4"x6", which I've been handholding. I'd like to be able to shoot with an ND grad, standard ND, and circular...
  13. Eagle Eye

Nikkor to EF adapter

Anyone use a lens adaptor from Fotodiox to attach Nikkors to your Canon? I'm trying to run a set of Ai-S primes on a 5d II and would like focus confirmation. The Fotodiox website seems to list four options, varying prices, but I can't tell the difference between them. Any reason not to go with...
  14. Eagle Eye

Lowepro Voyager Strap

Anyone have some insight into what happened to the Lowepro Voyager S and C straps? Seems like they disappeared from the Lowepro website and are only sporadically available on Ebay. Also, does anyone know how the Lowepro Transporter strap compares to them? If your only response is that I should...
  15. Eagle Eye

Variable ND filters

Does anyone here use the Vari-ND filter from Singh-Ray? I'm looking to pick up B+H's MRC nano version of it when it hits the market, but just want to make sure it's effective tech before dropping the $250. Anyone who went from multiple NDs of different densities to the Vari and then went back?
  16. Eagle Eye

AFMA Telephoto/Wide Discrepancy

Just purchased an EF 24-70 f/4L IS and ran it through Reikan FoCal on my 5d Mark II to get an AFMA setting. 24mm came in at +10 while 70mm came in at -2. This is the largest discrepancy between wide and tele of any of my lenses. I'm planning on parking it at 0 for the best result, but was...
  17. Eagle Eye

Why I'm Asking Santa for a 6D

Just wanted to share a few thoughts on the 6D, given all the negativity about it, specifically why I'm interested in getting one. I shoot primarily with a 5D Mark II. I use my camera for snapshots sometimes, but mainly for landscape work and travel. On my honeymoon I took a minimalist...
  18. Eagle Eye

Marketshare

Perusing the Amazon.com sales stats for the DSLR category and thought I'd share a few VERY UNSCIENTIFIC observations that I think may shed a little light on market share, at least as far as Amazon buyers, which I realize is very specific sampling. Nikon entry levels holds the #1, #2, and #4...
  19. Eagle Eye

Focus Screens and Calibrators

Hey all, Two questions: How does the Brightscreen manual focus screen compare with Canon's own, say the EG-S for the 5D Mark II? What do people have to say about the Spyder Pro or Elite display calibrator? Anything more highly recommended?
  20. Eagle Eye

Graduated Neutral Density

So I made a claim in a recent post that Lightroom 3's capabilities essentially negate the need for carrying a graduated neutral density filter. Perhaps a premature assertion. I'd be curious to hear from the forum on the matter and I'd rather avoid the 'purist' argument (though I do respect...