Search results

1. B

Fast editing of RAWs to "camera like" Jpegs

Great question! I have actually just started thinking about that myself. I shoot 100% RAW and I use LightRoom with no intentions of switching to a different platform. Most of my pictures don't ever see the light of day because creating the perfect picture takes so much time. There is actually a...
  2. B

POLL: What's more important, gps or wifi?

I will say, I use GPS with just about all my pictures. I like having that information and using the Maps feature on LR is cool. I almost never use the WiFi feature but when I have needed it, it has been invaluable. I use the WiFi feature primarily to share pictures while on the go. Yes, I shoot...
  3. B

Canon EF24-105mm f4 IS USM time for a refresh?

I got this lens as part of a kit with the 6D. I think my issue is that it is an L lens and as such, I had certain expectations. I think if they removed the damned red ring from the lens, it would solve a ton of issues. Its a really good lens but for many of us non pros, we assumed that if it is...
  4. B

Canon 6D - RAW and stabilizer test

Well done! Didn't know Magic Lantern was available for 6D now.
  5. B

My latest Cooking Video

Congratulations on a job well done :-)
  6. B

Help deciding on going full frame

I have the 6D, 24-105 combination and I have been happy with it for convenience and flexibility. I will tell you however that more and more, when I know what I'm shooting and I'm not just "walking around", I am using the 85mm 1.8 for portraits. I believe you also have that lens. It gives me the...
  7. B

Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 - Jumped yet?

Just shot my niece's senior pictures. Since I did if for free, I had no problem having her participate in the work. I had her download LR on her iPad and she has successfully gone through all 400 pictures and narrowed it down to 51. I was then able to go through the remaining 51 on my computer...
  8. B

Help me to decide: 35 vs 50mm

I posted this a while back. The video was helpful to me, it might be to you. http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=20794.0
  9. B

5D Mk 3 - Top Half of Frame occasionally black

That was my first question. Does this happen only when a flash is used?
  10. B

Which is better for high ISO, 6D or 5D Mk III?

Isn't it awesome that we can actually be having this discussion?! Usable iso 6400 pictures? I remember the first time I heard of iso 1000 film ;)
  11. B

DigitalRev review of the new 16-35 L IS

All this talk inspired me to watch the 35mm f/2 IS video since I own that. I must say I enjoy his videos and take them for what they are worth. He seemed to like the 35mm but his objections were where it fit in the lineup. Back when he reviewed it, I think Canon wanted $849 for it. I think if he...
  12. B

Canon 35mm f/2 IS USM

Re: Canon 35mm F2 IS Playing with the new toy.
  13. B

Apple to Cease work on Aperture

"Support for Photo Editing Extensions means that developers don't have to try to woo users into switching to an entirely new app in order to try their imaging tools. Instead, after installing a new app that includes a Photo Editing Extension, any new editing capabilities the developer implements...
  14. B

Update: When asked about what Aperture-like features users can expect from the new Photos app, an Apple representative mentioned plans for professional-grade features such as image search, editing, effects, and most notably, third-party extensibility. The representative also clarified the...
  15. B

Ended: Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM For Sale

Re: Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM For Sale The listing seems to have been removed :o Or perhaps there is something preventing my computer from reaching that listing.
  16. B

Lightroom 5 Plugin for focus points?

Never seen it, but I can see where that would be helpful to have.
  17. B

The funny thing is, my decision to use LightRoom had nothing to do with features or benefits. I am usually an Apple Fan Boy and I eat anything Apple :-\ Unfortunately for Apple, when Aperture was released, I was rocking an Apple eMac (remember those?) and the system requirements for Aperture...
  18. B

Neuro, with love and respect, you might be a bit off on this. The way I read what Apple recently did, is that all existing Lightning Cable devices already have the ability, it will be a software switch. I also believe this will appeal to high end audiophiles who crave and desire high quality...
  19. B

I am quite shocked as to how many people actually care that Aperture isn't going to be supported anymore. I don't use Aperture, I use Lightroom on the Mac and until a few minutes ago, I didn't know anyone who used Aperture. My understanding is that Aperture hasn't seen an update in quite a while...