Search results

1. D

70-300L with extenders on R series body?

Canon states that the 70-300L in not compatible with either the 1.4 or 2.0 lens extender. I understand this is because the back portion of the internals extends too far into the body that it causes contact with the mirror. Since the R series have no internal mirror, does that mean the the...
  2. D

xc-20?

any predictions of a xc-20?
  3. D

MISSING MAX TELEPHOTO?

whatever happened to the rumors Canon had a competitor to the Sigma/Tamron 150-600, Nikon 200-500 "reasonably" priced zoom coming?
  4. D

EOS Cinema specialty bag?

My son gave me a large Canon branded camera bag for the EOS cinema system. Can anyone identify it for me as a google search turned up empty. It's large - approx 18x12x12 with a large main compartment (velcroed dividers) amd outside pockets on both sides
  5. D

Canon bags?

does anyone use canon branded camera bags? I recently bought an 1eg and have been reasonable satisfied, if I could only figure out how to discard the cheap plastic logo without ripping the nylon. Plenty of room, decent strap and sturdy buckles and zippers but lousy green/black color and that logo!
  6. D

Paper size oppportunity

Shooting JPEG on a Mod60D usually gives me a 72x48 image. This reduces nicely to a 8X12 print but finding legal size (8.5X14) photo paper leaves me frustrated. Neither Canon, Epson, Staples, etc. carry that size and searching the web suggests they don't offer the solultion. The only place I've...
  7. D

Rebel just stopped?

I have an older Rebel Xs which has just stopped working. It won't turn on and the screen won't even flicker. The battery is good, the battery compartment is clean, it has never been "bathed" or dropped or mistreated, but it won't work. I've never tried to update firmware or changed anything...
  8. D

Canon camera bag

Just bought a new 1EG camera bag and love it - except for the canon logo on the flap. Anyone know of a way to get it off without ruining the front flap? It appears to be fastened through the fabric and won't easily come off.
  9. D

Long telephoto zoom?

Any rumors about a non L lens to compete with the Nikon 200-500 zoom or the Tamron 200-600?
  10. D

lens decision? 70-200 choices

My son has recently become interested in photography and started to put together his equipment list. He bought a 5DMkII used but now he wants a telephoto. He asked me to make a recommendation between a new 70-200 f4.0 L and a used 70-200 f2.8L (not the version II). He looked at the f2.8 and...
  11. D

the "new" medium format?

anyone care to speculate on the impact of the 50meg sensor on the medium format market? The new 5Ds/5Dsr are both less than half of the list for a pentax 645d, a fifth of Leica S and less than a tenth of some Hasselblad/Leaf/Mamiya offerings. Combined with the wider variety of lens options...
  12. D

starter/travel

It started simply enough - my granddaughter started playing soccer so I gave my son a T3 with a kit lens and the 55-250 EF-S lenses to be at every game. Then my daughter wanted to start so I gave her an identical setup. Then on a recent trip I wanted to go "light" so I borrowed my daughter's...
  13. D

EF-s prime lenses?

With over 60% of Canon's DSLR line (by product count) and probably more in terms of revenue percentage, why are there no EF-s mount "serious" lenses? I've heard the consumer market argument and feel it's incredibly weak. Certainly some percentage of photographers using AFS cameras are serious...
  14. D

Different new lenses?

On the website NorthernLightImages there's a mock up of a 42mm f1.2 lens and the description clearly labels it as a fake. But it did get me thinking about what if Canon (or the N word) started to rethink their lens lines. A fast 42mm would be wonderful (especially with APS sized sensors)...
  15. D

FD to EF lens adapters

Anyone use one seriously? I've got a bag of FD lenses that have been unused since my beloved A1 died, and I'd like to continue using them if possible. I know about the infinity focus limitation and that the glass correction piece will cost me a stop, but with prices varying from >$20 to <$200...
  16. D

Where is Canon's X100s?

Why can't canon issue a smaller body, optical rangefinder, fixed fast lens camera to compete with the Fuji x100s? It can't be a technical problem - it's canonet rangefinders were industry leaders. It's not a competitive problem with other point and shoot canon cameras. It could compete at...
  17. D

EOS-M closeout?

Appears the EOS-M is now being offered for $399 with the 22mm lens. Probably should have been the entry level price given it's mediocre acceptance. Any bets on how long it takes to get to $250?
  18. D

24-85mm Lens?

I see that Nikon is pushing the 24-85mm image stablized lens with the D600 package. Canon made a fine 24-85mm lens that was bundled with the ill fated APS IX systems, but seems to have disappeared or discontinued. Any reason? I think it was too good for the price and took market share from...
  19. D

Revolutionary digital camera?

Here's one for you photo geeks. How about a simplified digital body that would accept native FD lenses. Sort of a digital AE1 - no autofocus, no video, no frills, just a base camera that is completely controlled by the user. Should be priced at or below the price of the cheapest Rebel (T3 is...
  20. D

Photo vendors in five years?

As I look out and try to figure out what's going on in the photo market, I'd predict several things coming down the road. Canon has everything to lose, as the current market leader covering nearly all the bases, any shift in market share has to effect them the most. They do have a significant...