Search results

1. Stuart

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

RF 100+mm f4 PANCAKE
  2. Stuart

New information about the upcoming Canon EOS R5C [CR3]

Does active cooling need to be an actual fan ? Maybe its a Peltier device and a heatsink to keep the body watertight? e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diymore-TEC1-12706-Heatsink-Thermoelectric-Cooling/dp/B078GSC2L1/ref=asc_df_B078GSC2L1
  3. Stuart

The Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM sells for a record €500,000 at auction

Its Canon buying it for their museum with all the extra cash they made this year :)
  4. Stuart

Canon to release an RF 5.2mm f/2.8L next?

Would you ever take it out the glass box? - https://www.ephotozine.com/article/the-photography-show-2021-report--hands-on-photos---event-coverage-35643
  5. Stuart

Canon to release an RF 5.2mm f/2.8L next?

LOL - with this lens you could see that's she's standing behind you watching you type this - "dinners in the dog tonight'" ;)
  6. Stuart

Here is everything that you need to know about tomorrow’s big day from Canon

"The EOS R3 is is The first EOS to feature an entirely new stacked BSI CMOS sensor" So likely its performance is different - better We all hope.
  7. Stuart

Here’s a full list of what will be announced with the Canon EOS R3 this month

Will the Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 be a lower cost lens, or is it video focused?
  8. Stuart

Is September 14 the day we finally get the official Canon EOS R3 announcement?

https://www.photographyshow.com/ - Yeah Canon bring a load along to show off please.
  9. Stuart

So when is the Canon EOS R3 coming?

So slowing this release down means that some will hold off from further purchases and this may allow lens manufacture to catch up. A few units out for trials will mean that software can mature and reviews will be ready. and another wave of buying and market excitement will help canon sales...
  10. Stuart

Samyang announces the AF 85mm f/1.4 for the RF mount

It could also just be brand name changes (Samyang ) and/or distribution deals changing. I hope so at its nice to see 3rd party challengers.
  11. Stuart

There may be as many as three RF mount APS-C cameras on the horizon [CR1]

So the MK2, MK3 generations would be used instead. Make me wonder what an R2 or and R4 might offer too?
  12. Stuart

Canon EOS R3 to have a 30mp sensor? [CR1]

EOS R3 = 30Mp, 30fps, Log3 - any more threes?
  13. Stuart

After the EOS R3, Canon will introduce new “affordable” RF mount cameras [CR1]

Would an Aps-C RF camera not be targeted at vloggers. And useful for birders?
  14. Stuart

More features and specifications for the Canon EOS R3 have emerged

Does Speedlight shooting with electronic shutter mean sync speeds above 250th Sec? would 30fps be possible with a new speedlight at full power
  15. Stuart

Canon Successfully Develops the World’s First 1-megapixel SPAD Sensor

So could QPAF be assisted by SPAD ToF for super accurate AF ;) LOL a one bit B&W dynamic range is probably best of for the Robots style of photography ;)
  16. Stuart

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R3 [CR2]

That's what i was thinking too - a “resolution trick”. Is that a clue. The Foveon was slow - so not the same exact technology. Has Canon cracked the readout speed issue with the Foveon approach? See their old patent - https://www.canonrumors.com/patent-canon-foveon-sensor/ And Sigma is also...
  17. Stuart

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R3 [CR2]

That's what i was thinking too - a “resolution trick”. Is that a clue. Yet the Foveon was slow - so not the same technology. Has Canon cracked the speed issue with Foveon ?
  18. Stuart

New Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro features revealed

So gets a tiny bit closer than the EF version, but is also a little bit longer. However able to give a much larger (1.4 times image) :)
  19. Stuart

New Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro features revealed

So Manual spherical aberration control - what will it look like to the photographer? e.g. if i'm close to my object at f8, then use SA to blur a variable amount of the outer area of the image circle will that even more focus in on to my subject. Like a super portrait lens. Or even a bit like a...
  20. Stuart

Here is the Canon EOS R3

Is this a 120MP movable curved sensor that allow MF grade product/fashion shooting in the studio with post process selectable focus points? Paired with those fixed curved sensor lenses this might be super capable. Maybe even 3D images too.