Search results

1. T

Canon unveils the PowerShot Zoom

I think it is a pretty good idea but kinda late to the party, now that companys are putting mega zooms in their cell phones. But They are pretty week from what I have heard. So it could do ok. I went hiking in the mountains for a few days where weight mattered, so having the power shot and a...
  2. T

Further talk about the fate of the EOS M system

I don’t think canon knows what they will do. I think they have ideas but they are smart enough to sell things that consumers want. If the M is still selling well in two years, they will keep it alive. They don’t have to spend much on development
  3. T

Tilta shows off a cooling module for the Canon EOS R5

So my wife has a mini fridge with a Peltier cooler which isnt much bigger than that. I had to replace the rear fans bc they were going bad, so I played around with it. So I think it there is a fair chance that it will work. Not as good as a C200 body but you will notice a difference.
  4. T

Canon EOS R5 pricing is still unknown, don’t believe the reports [CR0]

I probably will depend on production levels too. If they have low amount of products but still want to release. Canon will go with a 10-30% price increase with 15% being most likely. Then in 3 months, they can drop the price/ add a rebate and sell more camera when they are available.
  5. T

The Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 won’t ship for a while

I guess it makes sense not to announce the price until they are ready to be shipped. If the announce it now and everything takes a nose dive they might have to drop the price and that doesn’t look good. And the other way in June the economy is better then we think they could charge more.
  6. T

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

First I want R mount lenses I can afford. I don't make money with photography, so I can't drop $2000 on A lens and no chance I can spend $6000+ for 3 of them. My top lens is a 16-35 f2.8-4, Non L but still weather sealed. Small and light. Something that is great for hiking or travel lens to...
  7. T

A little bit more about the upcoming Canon EOS R6 [CR2]

I have a 6D which is dying and getting old. I will buy this camera if they can put pixel shift in it. 90% of the time I am fine with 20mp. But it would be nice to be able to get like 60mp files too. That would probably be my prefect camera, well my perfect camera would do pixel shift and high...
  8. T

High megapixel EOS R series camera in testing [CR2]

I was hoping to call it an R2, then maybe when they release the version two we call it a development not a version. So it would D2
  9. T

Another Canon camera shows up for certification

I think that is super unlikely bc in the pass they have released an Astro version very 8 years. So I doubt they will do a new one so soon.
  10. T

Patent: Canon universal battery grip

I think this is smart bc then you could change the type of batteries. You could sell a grip that uses LP-6 batteries and one that uses 1D batteries. I wouldn’t be shocked to see 1dx3 and R5 in pro bags. It would be nice to use 1D batteries in both camera.
  11. T

Are these the 7 RF lenses Canon will be announcing in 2020? [CR1]

I hope they sneak a wide angle cheap zoom in there. Something to make the RP more appealing to the masses. A 16-35 f2.8-4 for $400-$500 or something close to those numbers.
  12. T

Canon Launches New Camera Cloud Platform – image.canon

I think this will be a nice feature. It sounds like they have been listening to Tony Northrup. I don't think it will be a game changer but 30% of the time useful to me. If I go on a weekend photo adventure, it will be probably little use to me. But I i am in my backyard taking picture of my...
  13. T

Canon Launches New Camera Cloud Platform – image.canon

I had that problem on my Canon 6D m1 and how I got it better was to change the setting in GPS. Change "Position update Timing" I changed it to every 2 mins from like 30 seconds. Your GPS wont be as accurate but is shouldn't be a problem if you are walking around. I use GPS to get an idea...
  14. T

Patent: Inner zoom RF 70-200mm f/2.8 and RF 70-200mm f/4

I think they might make one but not for 3-4 years. Make an “update” that is different then the external zoom. Bc I would bet they are getting pretty close to maximum resolution on the EF style lens. Maybe the RF might change that but I don’t think so.
  15. T

Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

I really hope they make this lens, I would buy an R and pretty much leave it on my camera the whole time.
  16. T

Canon Store refurbished sale, EOS R Body $1214, EOS 5D Mark IV $1619 and more!

Yea the sales on new Eos R are better than this refurbished prices bc for 90% of people have to buy an Ef to R adapter. I was hoping when they listed the R for $1500 they would drop the refurbished price to like $1300 and maybe put that 10% off.
  17. T

An EF & RF mount hybrid mirrorless camera in the works [CR2]

I wonder if it mean they will make an EF and R mount of the same camera kinda like they did with the M6 mii and the 90D. I could see that being a real possibly with the 5 series. So they will get the 1D out of the Olympics then 3-6 month after they will put out 2 full frame bodies one EF and one R.
  18. T

SIGMA to address their RF mount plans in early 2020 [CR2]

I sure hope Tamron just on the bandwagon too. They could really round out the the lens line up. Canon has great top of the line lenses but they are missing the midrange lenses.
  19. T

Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6

That is like my dream walk around around lens. I can shoot landscapes well and get good pictures of my daughter as well with out switching lenses.
  20. T

Is a dedicated astrophotography EOS R coming in 2019? [CR1]

If they make it, I hope they copy Pentax? and use in body stabilization for a star tracker.