Search results

1. YuengLinger

Black & White

Suburban street. "Ball Hawk." RF 100-500mm.
  2. YuengLinger

RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM

Thanks! St. Augustine is such a fun, charming place to visit. So many great nature hikes within a short drive of Old Town.
  3. YuengLinger

Canon Patent Application: Canon Posture Fit makes an Appearance

Personally, I'd like to see the crew which hatched this idea demoted to repair technicians working in Virginia.
  4. YuengLinger

Stock levels for the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM seem to be dwindling

Yes! Every cloud has a silver lining, even imaginary clouds!
  5. YuengLinger

R5 IBIS constantly vibrating with EF 70-200 2.8 non is

You can turn it off either with the lens switch or camera menu--if you don't want it on while using a tripod. But remember to try ECO Mode for quick time outs, which stops the IBIS. Startup time is virtually instant when you press the shutter button or most other control buttons. In theory...
  6. YuengLinger

Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L USM video features

Thank you for keeping us up to date. We are so happy that you have a hobby.
  7. YuengLinger

The first review of the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM is here

Great fun! In this recent shot, I was careful not to bump bulbous front elements, otherwise, I'd have gotten in closer. (Note: I did ask the subject if I may take a photograph, and she said, "I couldn't give a brass farthing.")
  8. YuengLinger

R5 IBIS constantly vibrating with EF 70-200 2.8 non is

I also noticed the difference the first time I put an EF lens with IS onto my R5 with IBIS. Together, they seem to stay on until the camera body goes into standby, which it does quickly because I usually have ECO mode active. I still have an EF 100mm f/2.8L IS, and it behaves as you are...
  9. YuengLinger

The first review of the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM is here

Ironic that we are reviving a thread dedicated to a LENS THAT CANNOT TAKE A FILTER by continuing to debate the use of filters. I made a decision to buy the 10-20mm f/4 despite not being able to protect the bulbous front element (makes me tingle to type it!) But I keep an extra Canon lens cap...
  10. YuengLinger

Canon R5 Back Button Experience and (failure)

Recover smoothly!
  11. YuengLinger

Canon R5 Back Button Experience and (failure)

Please reset all settings back to factory settings. Be patient. Youtube is your friend. Or somebody here will understand your problem. I'm using my * button to toggle Eye-Detect off and on, but I don't use BBF, as, IMO, the R5 AF is so responsive, just leaving it in AF-Servo all the time...
  12. YuengLinger

CP+ showed a shifting focus

Richard, this is a very well written, insightful article. Thank you for writing it. Thought provoking! While some reflexively point at smartphones as the spectacular gorilla in the room, in this case, Canon's timing might be unusually fortunate. Canon is seeking a younger market, and as well...
  13. YuengLinger

Just speculation and personal experience here, but my brand new ef 85mm f.4 L IS was never very good. It focused adequately, and it had ok IQ, but other than being better with purple fringing, I didn't see it as any more pleasing than the ef 85mm f 1.8, and the bokeh on mine was jittery. I...
  14. YuengLinger

Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

You're right! You've done a good job capturing that mindset!
  15. YuengLinger

Maybe there is a certain mindset that is more about envy, about the grass is greener, so I'm going to brand X. Starting from scratch, rational consumers should go with the best they can afford. But those who claim they have been "loyal to Canon for years," must know that Canon continues to...
  16. YuengLinger

Wow, so THIS is the Cartman, "_________ you guys, I'm going home," thread! Sheesh. Imagine. You have a professional set of gear. You've had success, good performance, excellent service and durability for "years." Suddenly, if THIS spring, Canon doesn't come up with something incrementally...
  17. YuengLinger

Good poker face, blackoak. Can't tell if you are being facetious or obnoxious. I can't tell frack from friction anymore. What might the R5II offer to tempt a very, very happy R5 owner? I'm asking myself how much better could a camera get for predominantly stills photographers...
  18. YuengLinger

Where are the oh so sophisticated pros threatening to denounce a brand because a 35mm lens is a tragic fail if it's 1.4 instead of 1.2? (Or any of 100 other tantrum triggers...) Cartman lurks...
  19. YuengLinger

Viewfinder brightness (eye) overload when shooting dark scenes.

I did not install firmware 2.0.0, for what it's worth.
  20. YuengLinger

Canon EOS R5 Mark II will ship in June or July

The rf 10-20mm f/4 was the first I've ever preordered. Very glad I did. I did wonder why we weren't seeing in depth, full reviews from the usual suspects for these lenses. Still recycled "first looks," mostly. Here's a brisk, newer one, not bad, but the reviewer says he got it from B&H lens...