Search results

1. B

Wedding Website

Finally got my act together and made a wedding website. Squarespace do a nice job and make it super easy BenHiderWeddings.com
  2. B

Synology, Qnap, Drobo or regular hard drive bay

Hi all, I'm researching hard drive solutions for my photography business. I run it out of my home and currently archive about 6TB of CR2 files a year. I've been using 2TB drives in Startech 4 drive bays and just switching them out as they fill up. But recently I nearly lost a drive (luckily...
  3. B

5DS raw editing - SLOW

Is anyone else having a problem batch editing their 5DS raw files in Adobe Photoshop CS6. I even shoot medium size files now, but my photoshop is struggling to scroll through each preview. I'm working on a late 2013 Macbook Pro with core i7 and 16GB Ram.... shouldn't be a problem. It's starting...
  4. B

DXO Optics Pro and Filmpack

Does anyone use this software to batch process CR2 files? Or does anyone use this software at all and recommend it for anything?
  5. B

Canon 5DS color profile CR2

Hi all, Does anyone else have a problem with the color profile on the 5DS? My photomechanic previews it ok, but when I open it in Adobe photoshop CS6 Raw window, it looks completely different. See screenshots
  6. B

Sigma 24mm 1.4 Art Lens

I just got my copy of the Sigma 24mm 1.4 lens and scraped together an overview and some pictures here http://carrycamera.com/my-sigma-24mm-1-4-review/
  7. B

6D, T3i, SL1, 5D Markiii with SanDisk 16GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-II Memory Card

Has anyone done any speed tests with any Canon camera on the SanDisk 16GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-II Memory Card. I've heard that a lot of cameras are not able to utilize the speed of this card. Any recent tests or experience appreciated Thanks
  8. B

Lexar CF cards FAIL - Sandisk?

Is anyone else having massive failures with their Lexar CF cards. I've had a few cards have complete corruptions that lose all data and is not recoverable by any software, tekserve or even Lexars 8-12 week in house recovery. The card only shows 33MB in recovery. They have a great warranty...
  9. B

Switching to Nikon

I know this is possibly not the perfect place to discuss this, but I've had such bad experience with cps and and sick of the focus issues with my 5d mark ii that I've seriously thought about switching to nikon. I own 2 x 5D mark ii's, 16-35 2.8ii, 24-105, 70-200 2.8 ISii, 50 1.2 and 24 1.4...