Search results

1. Quackator

Canon Patent Application: Filter system for Dual Fisheye

Inevitably ND-filters to get the shutter angles down to 180° for VR video, so people with VR scopes don't suffer seizures while watching VR videos.
  2. Quackator

What I would like to see in 2024

I don't see any point for me in more pixels, but of course, this will happen nevertheless. The thing I had hoped for already with the 5D MkIV is global shutter. I have flashes that will allow fill flash across 40-50 meters distance at up to 16 fps in bright sunlight with global shutter, and I...
  3. Quackator

What’s going on with Canon Speedlites?

I'd guess that global shutters are coming from Canon as well, and that might require a redesign towards shorter discharge durations in order to cram that into the exposure times and make a difference. Other than that, the Godox X system does everything one needs - and more.
  4. Quackator

Two previously rumoured lenses have appeared in a recent patent

I was asking for a 2.0/70-135mm, but since these extra 15mm are there.... looks like I will have to cope with that. :cool:
  5. Quackator

Is a mini Cinema EOS C70 in the pipeline? [CR1]

I don't want it smaller, direct access buttons demand a certain size. On the contrary, I'd love a bigger flip-out LCD and the addition of an EVF.
  6. Quackator

When the R5 appeared, I skipped it, claiming that I was willing to spend an additional 500 for a body without IBIS. Canon heard me, introduced the R5C and took my 500. I have seen too much footage with funny jiggling when the IBIS amplitude was'nt enough to compensate and had to reset back...
  7. Quackator

A fusion of R5C and C70 would be needed. R5C is too picky in power supplies - barrel type plug like in C70 is king. C70 lacks the EVF. Full compatibility with Ronin gimbals via Bluetooth and/or USB-C also in video mode. I'm fine with the form factor of the C70. Just add EVF, controls matching...
  8. Quackator

Canon to speak at IEDM about new sensor development

You forget the vast surveillance and security market. Canon has a big, fat foot in that huge market.
  9. Quackator

The RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z won’t be the last RF PowerZoom lens

First of all the price for the zoom adapter needs to go down. The adapter for the big broadccast lenses was/is below 500 quid. Those two new ones are way overpriced.
  10. Quackator

Opinion: EOS-M transition that never was

Bought the original M also because it was ridiculously cheap and with the thought of at least getting another HDMI video source, or maybe a photobooth camera. Bought it because I wanted mirrorless, not for the size of it. I was shocked to say the least to learn that it didn't work tethered...
  11. Quackator

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

I don't think Canon did themselves a favor with this. Look at the tens of thousands of Blackmagic Cameras out there and imagine how many EF lenses were sold to be used on them. Having waited too long, Canon lost that market to the L-mount consortium.
  12. Quackator

Is it finally happening? Canon RF 50mm f/1.4 USM [CR1]

I don't see IS in this lens to come, but we will have to wait for Canon to come forward in order to know.
  13. Quackator

I have two EF 1.8/50mm metal mount, one EF2.5/50mm Compact Macro, and the lens that gets most use is the Sigma ART 50. The EF 1.2/50 L had too many CA's wide open (and was too soft for my taste), had focus shift when stopping down and was too sluggish in focussing. The Sigma ART filled that...
  14. Quackator

The benchmark for a RF 1.4/50mm would be the optical performance of the Sigma ART 50. Performance below that - not interested. Performance on par - interested if maybe smaller/lighter and/or much faster focussing. And of course the price point is significant. Can't exceed the Sigma too much.
  15. Quackator

Patent Application: Canon RF-S prosumer lenses

And how do you know they don't? Moot discussion.
  16. Quackator

One can do it this way, sure. But there will always be problems you run into that simulations alone will not show. That's why prototypes are still state of the art after simulation.
  17. Quackator

Canon announcements coming in late September [CR1]

IBC in Amsterdam is up in September. So, one might expect Cine stuff.
  18. Quackator

Canon is planning an EOS R5 C Mark II [CR2]

It's not even remotely the same thing. Timecode is synching info embedded in file metadata. Totally different animal.
  19. Quackator

The fact that they applied for a patent means that they did develop it and for sure have a least one working engineering sample.
  20. Quackator

Canon is planning an EOS R5 C Mark II [CR2]

Not everything you don't understand is dumb. Timecode is a godsent on multi-cam productions. I requested a matching cable from Alvin's Cables and they built some for me and then added them to their portfolio. They are selling well, so obviously people do use timecode. I certainly do. You...