Search results

1. S

Here are the USD prices for the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and lenses

The body only and lens pricing is as expected, or maybe even better, but those kits seem wrong. $400 and $1100 USD is pretty steep, especially since the current Canadian pricing for the R kits are body+$300 CAD for the STM and body+$800 CAD for the 4L. I was kinda hoping/expecting to see...
  2. S

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

I haven't logged in this site in forever, but I've been reading a lot since the impending release of the R5/6. Really looking forward to switching from a 7D2 to the R6 myself, as long as price is right. Anyway, I decided to post because I haven't seen anyone mention this in the recent threads...
  3. S

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Rumors Surface [CR1]

Not to be a stickler, but the 7D was announced in Setptember 2009 and available in October...
  4. S

Canon 50mm 1.2 vs sigma 50mm 1.4: older expensive l-glass, or newer future tech

The Sigma is just 1 year newer than the Canon, so don't use that as consideration between the two. Also, "Made for Digital" doesn't really mean much, except that it has modern coatings. All new lenses have similar types of coatings though. Another thing, the Canon is 1/3 stop faster, not 1/2...
  5. S

Zeiss Distagon 15 f/2.8 ZE Official

The Nikon, while an excellent lens isn't all roses. The distortion at 14mm is extreme; not really acceptable for architecture (it isn't so bad at longer FLs though, but if you want 14/15mm you're SOL with the Nikkor). A prime like the 14L II does much better, the Zeiss should be even better...
  6. S

how long does it take for lens prices to drop? (24-70mm ii)

Actually the Canon press release states that the MSRP of the 24-70L was $2099 USD at the time of release, not $950. And if you look, you'll see that pretty much all lenses Canon's released in the last decade have started out with a higher price than expected and then dropped 20-30% once the...
  7. S

New Lenses Imminent? [CR1]

I disagree with your statement regarding FF users and the cost of an FF setup. FF users are not much more likely to be rich than your average prosumer APS user these days: here in Canada, a 5D2 is $1999 and a 7D is $1449, which is not a huge difference. Also, used 5Dc's and 1Ds(II)'s can easily...
  8. S

EF 300 & 400 f/2.8L IS II Shipping to Selected Dealers

The GM 2.2L is hardly a good example here. It's the automotive equivalent of an old EF28-90mm f/3.5-5.6 or (insert terrible, cheap Canon lens here). It is as basic and unrefined an engine you'll find these days, though it has been discontinued for 5 years or so. Your average brand-new 2-2.5L 4...