Search results

1. greger

Stock Notice: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III at Adorama

Congrats on your purchase. You will never regret buying that lens.
  2. greger

Which used full frame body you will buy today if money no object?

1DXll or a 5D IV. Both would be sweet.
  3. greger

Sports from Poland

Wow! Nice series of pictures. You have figured out how to get the 6D to take fantastic sport photos. You have proven that it’s not the camera but it’s the operator.
  4. greger

Canon Will Announce Their First Full Frame Mirrorless in 2018 [CR3]

A Mirrorless camera from Canon will accept EF and EFS lenses as there is no mirror to be damaged by hitting the back of the EFS lens. CFast memory cards will be the main recording media. This will be a great improvement to the professional Shooters using top of the line full frame cameras and...
  5. greger

Time for a playful topic! What's in your two lens bag?

50mm 1.8 and 17-85 f4-5.6.
  6. greger

2 Mega Rare Birds from Alaska

Those are really nice pictures! I am jealous! Well done!
  7. greger

Lots of Talk, Very Little Solid Information About Canon's Next Cameras

Some of these posts have been very interesting. Me, I’m looking for a 7D lll in September. If it doesn’t have an articulating screen the 90D is the camera for me. I can live with 2 custom settings on the mode dial. As long as I can take BIF pics I’ll be a happy camper.
  8. greger

tripod head advice

I have a Manfrotto 055 Pro with a Manfrotto 498 Ballhead mounted on it. I get creep with my 100-400 lens mounted. The solution was to loosen the friction adjustment until I had the subject in position, then tighten the friction control knob and then no creep. I had to use live view to see the...
  9. greger

Canon EOS 80D Will Be The Next DSLR Replaced [CR1]

I am eager to see what the 90D has to offer. When the 7Diii finally comes out I will compare the two cameras and if the 7Diii doesn’t have the specs that I want I’ll buy the 90D.
  10. greger

Question for landscapers

You didn’t say whether you shoot crop or full frame. When I bought my 40D it came with the 17-85 lens. My first lens purchase was the 50mm 1.8. I needed it when I went to Fort Langley, I needed the 1.8 aperature to shoot inside the buildings without flash. My next lens purchase was the 70-200 f4...
  11. greger

Looking for upgrade recommendations from T6s

Congratulations on your purchase of a used 80D. I was going to recommend waiting for the 90D to come out. Now you have money to put towards buying a 100-400 ll. I have the version l which I love. It sees things that I can’t see. With 2 C modes on the mode dial of the 80d, you can set one for...
  12. greger

Two Prosumer Mirrorless Camera Bodies in Development [CR2]

The lens mount of the Mirrorless Cameras will be the same as my Apsc Cameras. A white dot for Apsc and a red dot for full frame lenses. Mirrorless means no mirror slap when you mount an apsc lens. It should also allow faster frame rates.
  13. greger

A Shake-up Coming to the APS-C DSLR Lineup? [CR2]

I sadly am quickly heading to the I don’t care side. I could end up buying the ??? In between camera if it appears. I don’t want to guess what the specs will be for any new cameras in the lineup. All the rumour tells me is that I have more time to save up for my new camera. Whatever specs Canon...
  14. greger

The Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II is Coming in April [CR3]

I bought the 70-200 f4 IS USM lens in November 2008 during a $200.00 instant Canon Rebate. I have not seen it priced that low since. I took a picture of an Osprey flying over a river and when I got home and zoomed in on the computer I saw it had a fish in it’s talons. Both the Osprey and fish...
  15. greger

Japan 2016

It looks like you know your camera really well. Nicely done and thanks for sharing.
  16. greger

Will it be worth waiting for?

If the 7Diii isn’t an upgrade with features I want, like a fully articulating screen then I’ll chuck my cf cards and buy a 90D I think that camera will take quite a few sales away from the 7Diii if Canon doesn’t up their game this time.
  17. greger

Canon makes moves into .. Lettuce Farming?

Here in Canada the rush is to convert green houses from growing lettuce to growing marijuana. Canon will have a hungry market with the munchies wanting good lettuce on their burgers!
  18. greger

Hoi An, Vietnam

Nice Pictures Tyroop. Looks warmer than what the rest of us are experiencing up here in winter land.
  19. greger

We're Not Convinced an EOS 7D Mark III is Coming in 2018

Maybe we will see a new 90D in February, a two year refresh cycle and a new 7D lll in September, a four year refresh cycle.
  20. greger

Adobe Has Released the Last Perpetual Update of the Standalone Version of Lightroom

I used Photoshop CS 5.6 last night because I wanted to add type to a project I was working on. Usually I use DPP for my raw files. I increase the contrast and sharpen. When saving I convert it to a Tiff and jpeg. The jpeg I use for sending the pic via email to friends. The Tiff I use in PS to...