Search results

1. Aputure

6D viewfinder too big ?

You might be the first person to ever lodge this complaint. Your viewfinder can never be too big! Even old film cameras often blow current FF's out of the water with better finders. If there's anything to complain about, its that the text/info in the viewfinder of FF cameras is smaller than...
  2. Aputure

Where are you EOS 70D?

ANOTHER 18mp sensor would be a joke...unless it is a NEW 18mp sensor with improved performance. Seriously, they've used the same one too many times already.
  3. Aputure

New 50 Finally on the Way? [CR1]

What about a plain and simple 50 1.4L? An updated version with better focusing, build, and image quality? IS would be nice, but that would jack up the price a bit. It sucks that you have to spend almost $1,500 for an L quality 50mm prime. I'm sure many people would happily pay $800 or so for...
  4. Aputure

EF 24-70 f/4L IS & EF 35 f/2 IS

Re: EF 24-70 f/4L IS & EF 35 f/2 IS Short focal lengths? What about 50mm to 70mm? I don't think that's short at all. It'll especially be useful on the long end. And the IS will also be useful with the "slow" f/4 aperture. Even if you're getting a shutter speed of 1/10 at the 24mm wide end...
  5. Aputure

Looks like the 6D may not be so bad after all

The 6D will certainly be "not so bad", in fact I think it will be pretty awesome. However they could shave a few hundred dollars off the price, just as the 60D was a bit cheaper than the D7000. It's like that all over again, except with full frame. As a long-time Canon user, and fan of their...
  6. Aputure

PowerShot S100 reviewed and compared to the S95

Am I the only one who finds the operational speed of the S100 to be slower than the S90, as well as it being a touch softer? Can't comment on the S95. Here's my comparison/review: http://www.aputure.com/blog/?p=3271
  7. Aputure

*UPDATE* The Next 5D on March 2, 2012 [CR3]

Re: The Next 5D on February 27/28, 2012 [CR3] You should wait for the 5DV - THAT is the one you are waiting for. quote author=Mooose link=topic=3549.msg74582#msg74582 date=1329940224] So.... should I preorder or wait for the 5DmkIV?
  8. Aputure

PowerShot Rumor: S95 Replacement [CR2]

I agree, a 24-120 lens will be a worthwhile feature to upgrade for. I still have an S90 (and quite happy with it) and a wider angle would be worth going for. Also couldn't care about the extra 2MP, as long as it doesn't increase the noise levels. Please keep it the same size!
  9. Aputure

Patent - EF 50 f/1.4

This is long overdue. I'm looking to get this or the 1.2, while holding out with my 1.8 for the time being. Nothing wrong with the nifty fifty for the price!
  10. Aputure

EF 16-40 f/4L IS [CR1]

This would be a dream lens, as long as the size is kept to reasonable minimum.
  11. Aputure

Disappointed with Canon?

What's not to like about the 7D? The 5D2 has unmatched IQ at its price and resolution point. the 550D and 60D give you 7D IQ in small, light, cheap bodies. What more do you want? I agree, some features could be improved, but the lineup is looking pretty strong to me. Can't wait to see...
  12. Aputure

Buy 60D now or wait for T3i?

It's a different level of camera, feature wise and ergonomically. IQ you'll get the same thing. I find it hard to believe that the T3i would be the first crop camera from Canon to improve upon the 18mp sensor they are currently using. Probably will debut in the new 7D next summer. The XXXD...
  13. Aputure

5D Mark III [CR1]

I would be very very happy with 2 stop noise improvement. But can they really pull that off at 28 megapixels? RAW video sounds interesting, but seems like it would take up TONS of space.
  14. Aputure

Design Your Own Canon Body

Aren't these threads fun? I think everybody wants something slightly different. I'd like to see a sub-$2000 full frame body with the following: - popup flash with wireless TTL flash control ala 7D/60D - less than 21 megapixels (and noise improvements) - perfectly usable ISO 6400 (on par...
  15. Aputure

Canon 5DmkIII

If the 50D's ability to shoot 12800 has you hooked, and you can tolerate it, then I think you could tolerate a few more megapixels in a new 5D. The 5D2 is already performing much much better than the 50D. So I think there could be a middle ground, such as a 16 or 18mp sensor, but we all know...
  16. Aputure

G12 & SX30 Officially Official

Re: G12 & SX30 Officially Official 35x zoom starting at 24mm? That's crazzzzzy. Why can't the G12 start at 24mm? Would it's IQ be compromised? Either way, I think the P7000 gives the G12 a run for the money: http://www.aputure.com/blog/2010/09/15/canon-powershot-g12-vs-nikon-coolpix-p7000/
  17. Aputure

Canon PowerShot SX30 IS & G12 Show Up

This new G12 looks good but I think the Nikon P7000 might have the edge: http://www.aputure.com/blog/2010/09/15/canon-powershot-g12-vs-nikon-coolpix-p7000/
  18. Aputure

Is the EF-S 35mm f/1.8 coming?

I sure hope so, but it doesn't look like it...
  19. Aputure

Canon Announces 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS

I'm very interested in this new lens, except for the weight and the price! Oh well.. I think it may be time to grab the non-L 70-300mm IS now: http://www.aputure.com/blog/2010/09/09/new-canon-l-lenses/
  20. Aputure

Canon Announces EOS 60D

Been waiting for this one for a long time. To be honest, a bit disappointed, but I still think it'll be a hell of a camera.