Search results

1. wellfedCanuck

7DII No Wifi

This works well with people, too. With street photography people almost always notice a big lens pointed in their direction if it has an operator standing behind it. Place that lens and camera on a table and look away towards your phone and you can achieve some interesting candid shots.
  2. wellfedCanuck

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications Confirmed

Interesting that there's GPS but no WIFI, something I use all the time on my 6D for remote shooting. I'm guessing that this is because of the magnesium-alloy body?
  3. wellfedCanuck

wet commute reflections, London

I love that your AF realized that the third person from the right in the top photo was clearly the subject of the shot. :)
  4. wellfedCanuck

Portrait of your "Best friend"

Boating buddies: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wellfedcanuck/8861226631/in/photostream/
  5. wellfedCanuck

Halifax Public Gardens

Halifax Public Gardens, main entrance. 6D 24-105L
  6. wellfedCanuck

Halifax Public Gardens

Lord Nelson lobby:
  7. wellfedCanuck

Halifax Public Gardens

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wellfedcanuck/14046318753/in/photostream/ Canon 6D 24-105L through a hotel window. Cleaned up in PS, ClassicCamera7 in Nik.
  8. wellfedCanuck

Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

Thanks, Carl. I haven't been spending enough time here, lately. ;)
  9. wellfedCanuck

Yeah, thanks. I was off the machine taking photos when my friend put it through. Bad communication on my part- I knew there was a dock under the snow and assumed that he did, too. (The ice in the vicinity of any wooden structure is never good.) He didn't. The only reason it didn't go...
  10. wellfedCanuck

it WAS a great day... >:(
  11. wellfedCanuck

Aviation Help! 5D 3 vs GoPro

Counting my big-'bus time, I've been hearing that call for 16 years. ;)
  12. wellfedCanuck

Aviation Help! 5D 3 vs GoPro

50...30... RETARD, RETARD!
  13. wellfedCanuck

Boredom - Leigh on Sea

I like it.
  14. wellfedCanuck

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

Re: Canon EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM Thanks! It helped to have a photogenic model, beautiful landscape and a cool sky. :)
  15. wellfedCanuck

6d

What was the position update timing?
  16. wellfedCanuck

Those of you clamouring for GPS info

I suspect that most 6D users turn GPS on and off as needed because leaving it enabled drains the battery flat within 3 days even with the camera turned off. I leave it off for personal photos- I already know where I live and the privacy issues were obvious right from the introduction of my...
  17. wellfedCanuck

Just For Fun!

And let me add on 110a: People who don't stop to consider that the photography noob might be an expert in a completely different field and might actually be a fascinating individual. (Lest I sound too preachy- learned that one the hard way myself... :P )
  18. wellfedCanuck

Just For Fun!

110. People who forget that they were once "noobs". 111. People who forget that striking up a conversation about anything "banal" {Lovely weather, isn't it?}- is an attempt to form a connection, however fleeting, with another human being.
  19. wellfedCanuck

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

Re: Canon EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM http://www.flickr.com/photos/wellfedcanuck/9402817481/#in/photostream/