Search results

1. C

All Nikon F-mount gear is officially out of production

On a related note, the good news here is that we are finally starting to see some price relief on high end Canon pre-owned EF glass and that's a good thing, for sure. While I have sold off most of my EF glass, I continue to hold my EF-R adapters, until such day as I see a bargain on a super tele...
  2. C

Canon EOS R6 Mark II $1999 (Reg $2499)

Yes, we're all holding our collective breaths, as we await the anticipated R5ll and R1 body announcements.
  3. C

2024 looks to be an exciting year for new gear. Bring it on.
  4. C

Pleasantly but very surprised to see such aggressive pricing on a body that's barely one year old. Unlike Canon, even though we're in Holiday mode, especially given the rave reviews of the R6ll body on many of the social media sites would normally preclude such a promo. If I didn't know better...
  5. C

Best CF Express Card Type B for Canon R5

Ok, Gentlemen: Could use some help while waiting for my Canon USA store R5 body to arrive later in week. Would like to know the best 256GB or 512GB CF express Type B card to use in the R5? Would much appreciate hearing your current experience with same while the Black Fri sales are still going...
  6. C

Canon USA Refurb Black Fri deal on R5 and R3 Bodies

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Just wanted to let everyone know that Canon USA store has a Black Fri deal on a Refurbished R5 body for $2199.00 or a refurb R3 body for $3999.00 with free USA shipping + sales tax. If you purchase either from Canon's store, you can also add a refurb...
  7. C

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

My goodness, people, already on the attack or defense of Canon, before we even have the R1 body to praise or trash, your choice. In recent years, Canon's products have pretty much spoken for themselves and I just don't see where the sometimes angry vitrial has alienated me from Canon or caused...
  8. C

End of M line?

I couldn't agree more + let those who have never flown try and carry on a few R bodies accompanied by sev heavy RF lenses. Then, let them take a selfie, showing the expression on their faces when the Carrier tells them "Too much weight!!" You'll have to check it. Hope they're carrying their...
  9. C

There are jints of a version II of a current RF lens coming in 2024 [CR2]

Forget the upgrades until we see a 1st gen 10/11/12-24 super wide.
  10. C

Canon to build new semiconductor lithography manufacturing facility

Yep. Would like to see Canon compete with the likes of ASML, who for now, remains King of the Hill, by a wide wide margin, in this market.
  11. C

What lenses do you feel are "missing" from RF still?

Alas, the long ago mentioned RF10-24 F4L lens appears to be nothing more than a pipe dream. I'd even settle for an RF 11 or 12-24 F4L, if it could just come in at under that sell off a kidney or your Harley to pay for its price tag.
  12. C

There are 4 wide-angle L prime lenses coming in the next 12 months [CR2]

This is all great but where's the 10, 11 or 12-24 mm F4L????
  13. C

DPP4 for R7

Good luck with your new R7 Alan. I hope it works for you. After watching many YT reviews from those who have rec'd their R7's and since I haven't received mine, pre-ordered from B&H first day available, I just cancelled my order for that and the following reasons. I have two special photo...
  14. C

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

Concur on the RF24-105 F4L. I have been more than pleased with how capable this lens actually is, far superior to the older EF version and a bargain price for an L lens, I might add. It has been such a pleasure to use, I opted out of the RF70-200, in favor of purchasing the RF100-500. These two...
  15. C

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

And rob a bank to be able to pay for it.
  16. C

canon eos r7

You are absolutely correct. I should preface your contemplation of any Canon store purchase with a caveat that, even though they display an in stock notice and take your money, this does not necessarily translate into real stock on hand or shipment of same. You cannot depend on the Canon store's...
  17. C

Is there a new model coming for the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens?

It is somewhat surprising, given Canon's push to buy RF lenses, that EF lenses, instead of being discounted are just being discontinued. No real bargains on EF L glass, just yet anyhow.
  18. C

canon eos r7

My May 24 pre-order from B&H shows backordered, as well. Only person I know getting their R7 from B&H is Amar Talwar from 247 media group, who stated Wed on YT that BH told him that his was shipping. Y'day, USA.canon showed body only still backordered but R7 kit was in stock, selling for...
  19. C

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

So, has anyone rec'd notification that their R7 body or kit has shipped?? Supposedly, they were to start shipping today, June 23, from various vendors, including B&H. As of late this morn, I have not rec'd any shipping info on mine. I pre-ordered early on May 24. Still shows backordered on BH...