Search results

1. C

Best CF Express Card Type B for Canon R5

Ok, Gentlemen: Could use some help while waiting for my Canon USA store R5 body to arrive later in week. Would like to know the best 256GB or 512GB CF express Type B card to use in the R5? Would much appreciate hearing your current experience with same while the Black Fri sales are still going...
  2. C

Canon USA Refurb Black Fri deal on R5 and R3 Bodies

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Just wanted to let everyone know that Canon USA store has a Black Fri deal on a Refurbished R5 body for $2199.00 or a refurb R3 body for $3999.00 with free USA shipping + sales tax. If you purchase either from Canon's store, you can also add a refurb...
  3. C

B&H's PayBoo Card announcement

Thought I would share contents of an email I just rec'd from B&H this morning, explaining that current bank supporting PayBoo card will change in Jan 2022. Here's the content of B&H's email. Dear Valued Customer, In May 2019, B&H introduced our Payboo® loyalty program credit card that offers...
  4. C

Why I Chose an M50 for Trail Maintenance

In 2018, after years of carrying my 7D +EF28-135mm lens to record our maintenance efforts on the BMT(Benton MacKaye Trail), we were performing trail maintenance, when we were confronted with crossing the Jack's River, located deep in the Cohutta Wilderness area of the North Ga Mtns. We had no...
  5. C

Portrait made using R6 + RF24-105 F4 L

I continue to be impressed with both the resolution and clarity obtained using Canon's RF 24-105 F4L attached to an R6 body. This portrait made recently during a gathering of Audubon members celebrating ongoing efforts to save the Wood Storks at Silver Bluff's Kathwood Stork ponds, where the...
  6. C

R3 Button Illumination

I might point out one topic in Gordon Laing's part one video, that hopefully someone can clear up for us. At about 7:40 min in, he mentioned that sadly, no buttons were backlit on the R3. Yet, in Canon USA's Rudy Winston's YT R3 video announcement, Rudy seems to contradict this info with his...
  7. C

R3 Eye controlled focus during eye glass use

Well, the R3 has finally been announced and from all the reviews, it looks to be a real winner. Being an eyeglass user, the verdict is still out on whether the Eye AF, when wearing automatic transitional (aka shade darkening lenses) will work or not. I had great luck with the EOS 3 film body's...
  8. C

Where Have all the Camera Stores Gone????

In a few recent CR posts, I have mentioned that I have no Specialty Retail Camera Stores within 100 miles of my home. Sadly, that is true. When I perform a Google search looking for a Camera Store, at least a half a dozen store names come up but when I call, their phones are disconnected or when...
  9. C

Automatic Hyperfocal Menu Selection Options

I should preface this post by stating that I am not an engineer, so I do not know what it would entail to offer a menu selection option, whereby one could assign automatic hyperfocal distance selection to a button or dial on some future R series body, based on the focal range of the lens and...
  10. C

Canon is apparently increasing MSRP on some of their products

By now, I'm guessing many of you have seen CPW's bulletin today about Canon's price increases. For those that have not, here's the link to CPW's information. https://www.cpricewatch.com/blog/2021/09/canon-raised-prices-today-on-the-5d-mark-iv-and-7-rf-lenses/. I have to admit this kind of caught...
  11. C

Canon Warranty Period Glitch???????

I have a dilemma with the "effective" warranty period on Canon Gear that is Pre-ordered on line and am wondering if any of my fellow CR members have any practical experience with warranty claim filing under the following circumstances. When registering any product with Canon USA, on line, you...
  12. C

RF 100mm F2.8 L is macro now shipping??

Pre-ordered my RF 100 macro lens from B&H on Jun 1, 2021. Rec'd notification from BH on Aug 15 that my lens was shipping with expedited shipping ETA of Wed Aug 18. Can we assume backlog of orders is finally catching up?? Do hope so. Four wks after this order, I pre-ordered the new RF 14-35 F4Lis...
  13. C

Canon EOS R5 vs Sony A1 video review and comparison

Just watched Australian professional bird photographer Jan Wegener's YT video comparing the R5 and A1 cameras. Very fair video review IMO and thought CR members might enjoy his thoughts on both. I will tell you in advance that the R5 held its own and exceeded in some tests he put both cameras...
  14. C

Olympic Photographer Jeff Cable's recent Blog commentary

Just read Jeff Cable's blog post about his upcoming trip to the 2021 Tokyo summer Olympics, as an avid professional photographer using Canon gear. Thought it worth sharing his commentary here, showcasing what handicaps he is up against. Following are his thoughts about unprecedented Olympic...
  15. C

Tokyo Olympics 2021 Media Rules and Restrictions

On June 8, AP wrote an article covering media rules for upcoming Tokyo Olympics, starting in July 2021. Here is an excerpt from that article, showing what all media must do to comply with the 2021 Olympic media restrictions. I feel for the upcoming Olympic photographers and reporters that will...
  16. C

Black Friday Sales 2020

While there have been some good Black Fri promos on gear accessories, I have been a little surprised that pricing, especially on DSLR's, has been less than lackluster, with a few exceptions. I pretty much thought I would see some aggressive DSLR body dumping going on this season, given the...
  17. C

Boling RGB light

I know there are many photographer/videographers out there that really like the Boling RGB lights with built in arm. Through midnight tonight, Oct 26, 2020, B&H has it on their daily specials sale for a very low price of $99.00, for anyone wanting this light. That's roughly $20.00 cheaper than...
  18. C

Canon EOS 5DS and 5DSr bodies on sale at B&H

B&H has instant discounts and is offering both bodies for $1299.00 and $1499.00. Their site shows they will honor this pricing for backorder with expected delivery in 2-4 wks. Many Ebayer's are asking more than this for their pre-owned bodies. Don't know how long this will last. Could not find...
  19. C

Canon M50. Perfect trail camera????

A few months ago, after yrs of carrying my heavy 7D with grip, tiring of same while carrying so much gear on the trail with me, I started looking for a small mirrorless camera to replace it. After watching reviews of many cameras from several diff mfgs., I opted for the M50. I am so glad I did...
  20. C

Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 lens B&H One Day Sale

Been waiting for a deal on this lens?? Here it is, today only at B&H $549.00. This lens almost brings this much used on Ebay. Better get it while you can. Link...