Search results

1. AaronT

Canon EOS R5 Mark II will ship in June or July

Maybe some NDA's were lifted at the beginning of the month.
  2. AaronT

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

Really! I have a 5DsR and a 24" Canon IPF6400 printer that will prove you wrong. What SHARP 24x72 inch photos have you printed out? Let's see. WAIT!! You only publish web sized photos.
  3. AaronT

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

Not many will but I get what you're saying. I had a IBM PC, booted from a 5 1/4 floppy!!
  4. AaronT

Moon photos

Thanks Click.
  5. AaronT

Moon photos

Better late than never! In the first photo the Blue Supermoon was low in the sky. In the second, about 3-4 hours later, much higher. Capture One + Aurora HDR. 5DSR, 100-400L+1.4TC+2.0TC
  6. AaronT

Moon photos

Moon photo thread seems to have died. Well, not quite yet!! 5DSR, 100-400L+1.4TC+2.0TC
  7. AaronT

Any chance of putting latest forum threads on front page again?

I agree with the majority, the site is not as useful with the new format. I don't come here nearly as often as I use to. I visit this site early in the morning, before work. I use to be able to see all the things that interested me on the front page, now I have to go hunting for them.
  8. AaronT

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi Click! I prefer the crop. Sorry Jack, but for me the star of the show is the duck. Of course that is only my humble opinion, which my Wife would laugh at!! :)
  9. AaronT

Show your Bird Portraits

R3, R5 and etc! Luckily my 5DsR still takes photos. A Great Egret sequence with the 100-400L.
  10. AaronT

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Wow.....Relax.....Chill a bit! This is a rumor site, not a documentary site. People are talking about maybe this, maybe that. They're expressing there wishes, their dreams, their wants and dislikes. Many of them are accomplished photographers, some are not. It's a photographic gossip site. Don't...
  11. AaronT

Show your Bird Portraits

That's what I am thinking. It just looked kind of odd.
  12. AaronT

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi. I haven't posted for awhile, life got busy. I took this photo the other day of what I first thought to be a sparrow then I noticed that it had almost no tail feathers. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? BTW, I live in Windsor, Ontario, near Detroit, Michigan.
  13. AaronT

Industry News: Costco is closing all of their in-store photo centers on February 14, 2021

I have about 3 TB worth of photos. I have been paid a few times but 99.999 % of my photos are unpaid. Some of us just like taking photos for themselves.
  14. AaronT

Tonight's Blue Moon

I went out at 10:30 last night and it was perfectly clear so I set up the camera and tripod. 5DsR, 100-400L, 1.4 and 2.0 TC's. ISO 800, F16 and 1/60 sec.
  15. AaronT

Operating conditions of SIGMA’s lenses for Canon EF mount with the Canon EOS R5

From the Sigma article - For lenses without an OS (Optical Stabilizer) mechanism, the in-camera image stabilization can not be used when the Full-time MF setting is set to “Full- time MF ON” via SIGMA Optimization Pro. When using in-camera image stabilization, please set the Full-time MF...
  16. AaronT

Dream Lens List

Okay, here's mine....starting with the zooms 16-35 F4 24-70 F4 70-200 F2.8 100-400/100-500 Fwhatever + 1.4 and 2.0 TC's Gotta have some primes so.... 100 and 150 macros If I win the lottery a 600 F4 or 800 F5.6 and a 12-24 F4
  17. AaronT

Canon EOS R5 impressions by a Canon EOS 5Ds shooter

I have had my 5 Dsr for about 3 and a half years and no dust. My original classic 5D was a dust magnet, my 5DII just a bit. Have no fear.
  18. AaronT

Show your Bird Portraits

Gotta love head shots of owls. Nice!
  19. AaronT

Show your Bird Portraits

Great shots!
  20. AaronT

Industry News: Nikon officially announces the 14-24mm F2.8 S and 50mm F1.2 S for Z-mount

Maybe Nikon is trying to cut down on vignetting on their 14-24 with that large front glass. The Canon 15-35 has about 4.5 stops of vignetting at 15mm and F2.8, among the highest out there. There is always a trade-off. Most top line mirrorless have IBIS so IS isn't necessary, specially at the...