Search results

1. Kernuak

Black & White

Thanks for your comments. It isn't often as a photographer that you get told a shot of yours is inspiring. The lighting was actually very simple. It was a single flashgun, shot through an umbrella, held high (probably around 7 feet). Probably with more complex lighting, it would have lost the...
  2. Kernuak

Black & White

Thanks. Until a couple of years or so ago, I hdn't really done any proper portrait shoots, concentrating on nature photography, but this year, I've done more portraits than anything else (it's been a difficult year for me). A few weeks ago, I joined a site designed to get various creatives...
  3. Kernuak

Black & White

Thanks Ken. I'm actually in the middle of arranging another shoot with her, but just to keep you going, here's another from the same shoot. Heather Louise by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr
  4. Kernuak

Sky on Fire!

Sorry, took me a while to get back. Yes I did use filters, a combination of a Lee CPL and soft grads on the first two (the mountains prevented me using the Singh-Ray Revers Grad), it was a challenge with the mountains though and a blend would proably have been easier, but the challenge was too...
  5. Kernuak

Kilve Shoot

I did a shoot on Saturday at one of my landscape photography haunts. I've wanted to do some portraits there for a while. The lighting wasn't the best and the wind prevented off-camera flash, so I opted for natural light (even though the woodland shots needed ISO 6400). Here is a selection from...
  6. Kernuak

Sky on Fire!

Just realised, I never followed up on my photos to follow comment. Fiery Sunset over Loch Leven by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr Fiery Skies over Loch Leven by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr And one from a few years ago. Fire and Water by Kernuak...
  7. Kernuak

Post Your Best Landscapes

I really must get back down to the jurassic coast, I haven't visited since I left Bournemouth about 13 years ago. Shots like this always serve as a reminder.
  8. Kernuak

Black & White

Thanks.
  9. Kernuak

14yr old looking for some C&C

Compositionally, they work quite well. However, as already mentioned, watch the colour balance and don't oversaturate to the point that the landscape no longer looks real. The first two in particular are shifted towards the green/yellow quite a bit. Also, to ensure you maintain detail, it is...
  10. Kernuak

Beautiful bokeh! Let me see yours!

Thanks Click.
  11. Kernuak

Thanks.
  12. Kernuak

The Dark Commute

They've got a sort of film noire look to them.
  13. Kernuak

Black & White

Heather Louise by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr Heather Louise by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr
  14. Kernuak

Tusen takk Eldar. Here's another one with bokeh, not to everyone's taste with the strong backlighting and blown highlights, but it was experimental and the idea was to create a mood, not get the best DR. Thinking of You by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr
  15. Kernuak

Backlit Mycenoid by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr
  16. Kernuak

Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Some from a studio shoot last night. Heather Louise by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr Cherri by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr Roxy by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr
  17. Kernuak

how to sell editorial material to agencies and news channel?

I use Alamy, although I haven't sold any news licences and it will probably take a while before they're confident enough of your quality to allow you to upload without the usual checks. There are probably other news specific agencies also, but they may be harder to get into.
  18. Kernuak

Same ole, same ole' Filters vs no filters...

The top one looks to have a little more contrast, unless lighting changed slightly.
  19. Kernuak

The 100-400 or the 70-200 f2.8 II+2x Mark III for wildlife

I went through a similar thought process when the 70-200 MKII first came out. I'd recently purchased a 300 (MkI, the MkII wasn't out) and was using that with a 1.4x extender, so the 100-400 was getting limited use. It didn't quite go to plan though, as the funds form the 100-400 went on a 24...