Search results

1. xROELOFx

Primes for wildlife ...

I'm not really sure if this is helpfull, but something to consider is AF speed. To me this is the main difference between primes, primes + extenders or (big)zooms. Primes are just faster at it. Once you put an extender on, it will be slower. But, with small or shy subjects like birds, the longer...
  2. xROELOFx

used 1Ds Mark 3 or 6D for Studio Work, Streetphotography?

I don't know about the 6D, but if I were you I'd definitely get the 1Ds mk. III. From what I've seen for that camera, it's amazing. Also personally I prefer the 1D style bodies instead of the smaller 5D/6D like ones. So to me it's a really easy choice. Good luck anyway ;)
  3. xROELOFx

Your best animal shots!

This White-tailed Eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla) is from 4 days ago. 1DX with 500mm f/4 @ 1/2000 sec., f/5.6, ISO 2000
  4. xROELOFx

5D3 or 1Dx

The only reason I could think of for someone to take a 5D3 (without grip) with them instead of the 1DX, is for it's lighter weight and smaller size. For me personally, I like the size and features of the 1D series and probably would never get a smaller camera without grip again.
  5. xROELOFx

A Big Lens Announcement in September? [CR1]

If they say big and white, my guess is a new 800mm. Probably for the price of around EUR 14.000,-.
  6. xROELOFx

HELP! - Different Colors Using PS/LR and the Browser - What am I doing wrong?

check out below thread, it maybe has the answer you're looking for http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=16431
  7. xROELOFx

Color Management Woes

Hi, I have experienced the same troubles and it drove me nuts for a long time. I also have calibrated my monitor with X-Rite. My problem was more web related though. Somehow the sky in some of my photo's turned purple instead of blue and the colors had a greyish/underexposed feel to them. What...
  8. xROELOFx

1Dx or lenses

I'd get a second 5D3 if I were you and save the money for a possible 40+ MP. Especially if you're doing portraits most of the time.
  9. xROELOFx

*UPDATE* Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Addresses f/8 & Red AF Points in AI Servo

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Addresses f/8 & Red AF Points in AI Servo this is great news! i better start saving some money again...
  10. xROELOFx

Art Morris speaks to sharp IQ and f/8 AF with 1D X, 800mm f/5.6 L and Kenko 1.4x

i noticed this too. it looks like there is reversed vignetting? instead of darker corners, the corners look lighter. i wonder if this is a side effect of using the extender?
  11. xROELOFx

1D X and Mountain Lion

lol. me too :P eos utility works fine with windows 7, perhaps you should install it on your mac.
  12. xROELOFx

Your 70-200 f/2.8L IS II...

This is just a really great lens! The size/weight does not really disturb me, I actually like it. When you have it attached to your camera, you feel you have a great piece of quality glass in your hands! Like the others said, the IQ is superb, bokeh is great, f/2.8 is awesome and the focal...
  13. xROELOFx

1DX or 1D4

About 2 months ago I asked myself the very same question. Save a little more and get a 1DX or buy a 1D4. I finally bought the 1D4 as an upgrade to my 7D. The main reasons were that it was a hell lot cheaper (still it was a load of money), because of the f/8 autofocus, 1.3 crop, very good...
  14. xROELOFx

In Sympathy for CR Guy

that's terrible news. i don't really know what to write. i guess words cannot describe such sad feelings. like everyone else, my deepest condolences to you and anyone else that suffered like this.
  15. xROELOFx

400 mm f/2.8 L Mk I

congrats! :)
  16. xROELOFx

1dx in India

yeah, i guess you're right :P i need another coffee!
  17. xROELOFx

1dx in India

pffff, come on. like if no one else can make good photo's! america is not sacred. why should another part of the world wait longer to get the camera?
  18. xROELOFx

Are lens skins worth it?

i have a lenscoat on my 500mm and extenders. just like bkorcel mentions, it's great for winter/cold times. i also like the softness of the material, i guess it offers a little extra protection but not much. if you drop your lens, it's gonna hurt either way. is it worth it? good question. the...
  19. xROELOFx

400 mm f/2.8 L Mk I

true, but as the OP stated it's a 5 year old 400mm. so i guess it's pretty save to assume he's talking about the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM. the 400 f/2.8 non-IS lenses are from 1991 (mk. I) and 1996 (mk. II).
  20. xROELOFx

400 mm f/2.8 L Mk I

4000 euro seems a good deal to me. perhaps too good. just make sure you test the lens thoroughly, check if the IS still works etc. and you will have a really great lens for a relatively cheap price! the new version III extenders work really really great. yesterday i used the 2.0X on my 500 f/4...