Search results

1. expatinasia

Firmware: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II v1.1.8

Took longer than expected to update and it always makes me nervous updating the firmware. Thanks for sharing.
  2. expatinasia

What will Canon bring to the table with the EOS R1?

I agree about the form factor. I love the 1D series. One has to wonder whether it is wise to bring a new pro camera to market right now. So many events were cancelled last year, and this year looks to be the same. I think Canon should work on firmware upgrades for 1DX I, II and III and release...
  3. expatinasia

Canon Rumors Pro Memberships on sale for the rest of 2020

Not really. Browsing InPrivate in Edge removes 99% of ads from sites for free. I do think CR has made a mistake offering a lifetime membership, as those who purchased it would have most likely also paid an annual fee. I do not visit the site as much as before, though probably will once we get...
  4. expatinasia

Industry News: Nikon to end camera production in Japan

Cebu would be a very, very cool place to live and work. Would have to watch the weight though. All those delicious mangoes and lechon! Where do I apply?!! :love:
  5. expatinasia

Is Canon working on smartphone addons? This design seems to suggest that they are

I have said it many times previously. Canon should link up with a phone manufacturer like Leica did with Huawei or they should make their own camera phone - one piece of equipment that takes great pictures to Canon specs and makes calls, whatsapp and everything else we do on phones. I do not...
  6. expatinasia

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R1 development [CR2]

Shouldn't it be called the Canon EOS 1R or even 1RX rather than the R1? I think so. Fits in with Canon's EOS ONE too. No matter what it is called it is going to be an amazing camera. Will I upgrade? Probably not, depends on whether I need to buy new glass/sell my old stuff. Am hoping EF glass...
  7. expatinasia

Is Sony going to beat Canon to the ‘Pro’ mirrorless camera punch?

The larger body is a must for pro sports photographers as it holds a larger battery, has vertical/horizontal buttons, better weather sealing, balances better with a large lens on a monopod and is more comfortable to hold to the face for long periods.
  8. expatinasia

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

imho CR has had way too many ads recently, especially those annoying popups, or ads that float. I wish you luck on your endeavour. Not sure how wise offering a US$50 and US$100 lifetime deal is, even if only for a couple of weeks, as I think you would have been better off getting regular members...
  9. expatinasia

Canon 1DX iii or Canon R5 for wildlife photography?

The 1DX ii is an amazing camera. If I were you I would cancel the pre-order and wait for six months or so. I fully expect Canon to introduce a R1 (1DX equivalent in the R series) perhaps in 2021 (?) and that would most likely have a larger body, perhaps better weather sealing, battery etc. If...
  10. expatinasia

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

There are plenty of strange comments on this forum. 1DX II lagging behind in AF - LOL Sports photographers do not need/want more MP - LOL 1DX to 1DX II was a massive upgrade - LOL Comments about the buffer - LOL the buffer on the 1DX and II is sufficient and I doubt few have filled it. The 1DX...
  11. expatinasia

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

Mmmm. I am looking forward to more real articles on the final specs to come out in media. I had been thinking of selling my Mark I or Mark II to get the Mark III but my initial reaction is that it may not be worth it. I like the idea of illuminated buttons, though I would only use them for...
  12. expatinasia

5.9K RAW video recording still a possibility for the EOS-1D X Mark III

Most sport photographers are, by contract, not allowed to take moving images, especially at important events. Even if they could, the file sizes would add up very quickly so the video side of the 1DX range does not help sport photographers. I shoot sport and video, but both are separate and not...
  13. expatinasia

Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-1d-x-mark-iii/
  14. expatinasia

Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

Nice shot! Abu Dhabi F1?
  15. expatinasia

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

We do not know what the 20fps is right? That might be jpeg only. I would be very surprised if the Mark III can shoot RAW at 20fps. For me personally I only want to know the max fps looking through the viewfinder and without locking the mirror up. The other fps stats mean very little to me...
  16. expatinasia

I was talking about Canon's 1 series.
  17. expatinasia

As an owner of a 1DX Mark I and Mark II I think we need to know a little more. 1) Glad that it takes the same batteries, but as I have quite a few I would like to know what impact using Mark I and Mark II batteries in the camera will have and whether the new charger will handle all three...
  18. expatinasia

A bit more about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

Considering that rumours thus far suggest two new card slots - which could mean spending a lot of money to buy a minimum of two new cards (especially if you shoot video and need large amounts of storage), I would be amazed if the Canon 1DX Mark III could not take Mark I and Mark II's batteries...
  19. expatinasia

The end of an era? Review site Imaging Resource nearing its end

Seriously? As far as I can see you have two posts, both promoting patreon. I have tried patreon, maybe it works for some sites, but personally I think it is BS. Unfortunately sites have to find better ways to monetize.
  20. expatinasia

The end of an era? Review site Imaging Resource nearing its end

Sadly they aren't the first, and won't be the last. Advertising dollars for websites are getting harder and harder to come by. Some are lucky enough to have a few solid partners and even viewers who donate on a regular basis, but many do not. More and more people use adblocking software and even...