Search results

1. T

Infographic: Camera Industry Sales Facts for 2016

Yes, inferior quality ANYTHING tends to bug me. Don't even get me started on the fidelity of MP3's. However, that being said, I think that photographs can be split into 2 very distinct (yet overlapping) categories. One is to capture memories. When you look at that old, worn out, family...
  2. T

Patent: More Curved Sensor Information

I really wish Canon would stop playing around, and actually do something innovative. ::)
  3. T

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to be Announced August 25, 2016 [CR3]

Not only that, but it will be the single greatest camera that Canon has ever released in August of 2016!
  4. T

New EF 24-105 f/4L IS Replacement Coming With 5D Mark IV [CR3]

Slightly off topic, but my wife loves her Mk I 24-105L which just died. While I'm sure this lens is what she'd like as a replacement, she only shoots with a crop body. Is there a crop lens that can do a reasonable imitation of the 24-105 for less $? Thanks!
  5. T

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Studio Tests

Yup, I've been explaining this concept to my kids as we watch TV. The inverse in advertising is making a poor product sound good: "The Ford truck is has more towing capacity than Dodge, carries a larger payload than Chevy, more interior room than Toyota, and more torque than Honda." Which...
  6. T

Announcing The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

So AF points is (are?) the new megapickles? ???
  7. T

Canon to Surprise With New Mirrorless Camera

Irregardless, I think you are all just disorientated. I'll just go back to working on my datumbase since it only has one record.
  8. T

Canon to Surprise With New Mirrorless Camera

Actually data is generally used (and accepted) as a mass noun. And those that try to use it as a plural, typically fail (as you can read on page 2 of this link): http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/is-data-singular-or-plural
  9. T

RAW 4K Capture Feature Coming for Frame Grabs? [CR1]

Fairly certain that Canon already makes a camera or two that takes good pictures. "Wow, your camera takes great pictures!" ::)
  10. T

New EOS M Camera & Lens Make an Appearance

So are cameras going to follow the same trend as cell phones: Smaller, smaller, smaller...until suddenly...bigger, bigger, bigger?
  11. T

Update on Lightroom 2015.2 / Lightroom 6.2 Release

While I applaud Adobe for wanting to make it easy for new users, it sure seems like this is a complete disaster (I have not upgraded.) Here's a one-word idea for you Adobe: Wizard.
  12. T

Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display

Re: Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display Exactly. I saw the new Mission:Impossible movie in "IMAX" and from my seat in about the center of the theater I could see every freaking pixel. Pretty much ruined the movie for me (which I otherwise enjoyed.)
  13. T

6 stop push: 5DsR vs A7R vs A7RII

I was not trying to say that the Sony (or anything else) would be better or worse, I was suggesting and honestly asking if there was any solution to this other than an extreme push, which is what I did (but not enough) and was still unhappy with the results. (Too noisy of an ISO, still too much...
  14. T

6 stop push: 5DsR vs A7R vs A7RII

So, would this count as a real world example? (Unfortunately, no photo to go with...) I was tasked with shooting a talent show at night in a dimly lit church with no flash allowed. One of the people put on a karate demonstration. The only way I could get even close to stopping the motion was...
  15. T

The Canon XC10 is Now Shipping

I think you mean "have them available to rent soon". It is a bigger question as to whether anyone will actually rent one. :o
  16. T

Canon's Full Frame Future [CR2]

Here's maybe a simpler way to think about it: the 3 does not have the resolution to show the flaws that you are seeing with the S. They're there but the camera cannot resolve them, so what you see as "tack sharp" is only because the flaws are at a level the camera cannot reveal. Move up to...
  17. T

7D2 vs. 5D3 for indoor sports

Hey all, Short version: the title pretty much sums it up. Long version: Out of the blue I've just scored a press pass/official photographer deal for the upcoming USA Weightlifting Youth National Championships. I'm concerned that my trusty 7D isn't quite going to be up to the task. So what...
  18. T

Review: Zeiss 55mm f/1.4 Otus Distagon T*

Confirmation bias is an interesting consideration. I wonder how the lens would fare in a double blind test against a few other top choices.
  19. T

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM

And I apologize for my tone about your tone. ;-) Been a yucky morning, and I seem to have less patience than normal for the "everyone shoots exactly like me and has exactly the same budget and equipment needs as I do" approach that is often prevalent around here. Anyhow, there are enough...
  20. T

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM

Seeing as how most of the posts in this thread are quite positive, I don't think you speak for everyone. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but don't believe that everyone else is just like you.