Search results

1. hhelmbold

Patent: Multi-Lens, Multi-View Camera

I have often thought about a camera that can capture HDR in one shot. This is close to the idea, except that it has way too many lenses ;D If you could split the light that comes through the lens with a prism or mirrors without a loss in quality and capture that image on 3 or more different...
  2. hhelmbold

1DX err80

I am still having this err80 problem and have the latest firmware. I first thought it might be a lens issue, but now realised it's not since I got the error with a different lens. What I am wondering if this has to do with the notice Canon sent out regarding the lubrication on the 1D X? I have...
  3. hhelmbold

Pixma Pro 9000 II prints are dark

I think you have been bombarded with so many answers that you might be trying to fix everything at once too ;D If the prints are indeed the same as the problems I am facing I would suggest you start to elimanate factors in order to get to the root problem. Forget about screen calibrations and...
  4. hhelmbold

Just for the record - I use a Pixma iP4940 printer and not the Pixma Pro series. This is a general Canon problem and not just on the Pro series. It has to do with the way Lightroom handles the printers. It is very difficult to explain exactly what the photos looks like and people will read "this...
  5. hhelmbold

Who makes the easyprint Pro plugin? I would like to give it a shot too. I still think he should print from a completely different program first, just to take Lightroom out of the equation - but seeing that I have the same problems I can maybe experiment with this plugin so long ;D
  6. hhelmbold

Personally I think Lightroom is the problem. I have had this issue for a very long time and Adobe can't give me a solution. There is something about Canon printers and Lightroom that is not quite happy. Some prints will even print is a sepia tone from lightroom and I have considered that it...
  7. hhelmbold

Canon 1D X - HDR First frame always shaky

It's the basics that gets overlooked the most ;)
  8. hhelmbold

It is indeed the Image Stabalizing! I tested some more images today and when the image stabalising is switched off, the first frame is fine, but when it is on, I get camera shake... I know this sounds like exactly the opposite of what should be working, but it seems the IS doesn't like it when...
  9. hhelmbold

Thank you for your EXTREMELY valuable input! I thought basics mean that you read a question PROPERLY before answering it
  10. hhelmbold

Uhhh.... Isn't the shutter release button supposed to be pressed? ;D Sorry I know what you mean and I am not using a cable release, but I press the button exactly the same way with all 5 exposures and it is always only the first exposure that shows camera shake. I will experiment a bit more but...
  11. hhelmbold

I have taken a series of HDR shots today using my 1D X and 24-105L lens. I have also used a tripod and the camera is set to auto bracketing (5 exposures). In just about every series of shots the very first picture has camera shake and the other 4 exposures are sharp. I was wondering if anyone...
  12. hhelmbold

Lightroom 4.1 Running SLOW!

Sorry guys but I have to disagree... I know a lot of people preach converting to dng but I found that DNG IS the problem for Lightroom being so slow. I run an i7 processor with 24GB of RAM and when I convert to dng, I will click on the crop tool, wait 10 seconds... crop... wait 10 seconds...
  13. hhelmbold

Have you considered joining the dark side?...

This is exactly my feeling and deliberately just threw out the question without my opinion to see if others are feeling the same :D I think Canon has quite a gap to fill in some areas
  14. hhelmbold

What to tell a newbie?

Wow - this got a lot more feedback than I expected ;D I can't quote on everyones comments else I will create one extra page with a lot of duplicate content hehehe... No it doesn't and I did mention that in my original post, but you get loyal to a brand because it offers you something that no...
  15. hhelmbold

Have you considered joining the dark side?...

As mentioned before it has crossed my mind and it is not because I think the dark side is better, but I think Canon is losing the plot in terms of getting their products out to the clients. But to change the topic a BIT... Would you advise someone else to rather join the dark side looking at...
  16. hhelmbold

What to tell a newbie?

Today I came to a realization that Canon is indeed behind in the current camera market. I LOVE Canon products and LOVE my 1D X, but I also give training to new and upcoming photographers. I get a lot of questions on what camera to buy and what is the best camera and of course I know the best...
  17. hhelmbold

My Canon EOS-1D X Has Arrived!

Looking at the handbag I have to wonder if you had your priorities right here and your wife was sitting in the back seat or you are a wife and the husband was sitting in the back seat ;D
  18. hhelmbold

B&H 1DX Order Fulfillment Tracking

In one of my conversations with B&H I was also told the order numbers are unique to the day it was placed
  19. hhelmbold

+1 ;)
  20. hhelmbold

My order number is 1019888xxx - But B&H told me the account nr has nothing to do with the time it was placed (still don't believe it as my order was placed at 3:29 EST and my number is lower than neuro's who was at 6pm roughly if I recall correctly) - I think I fell exactly between the 2...