Search results

1. Harry Muff

Help with home-based portrait studio

You'll never be able to control the direction of the light when it's bouncing off of white surfaces. Stick to a dark grey.
  2. Harry Muff

what is the body you want to see canon release next ?

As soon as Fuji come up with some more megapixels I'm gone. So it's more about what Fuji comes up with as far as I'm concerned. The images out of my X100s just have so much more than my 5D3, but it's not going to cut it in the studio like my Canon does. So an XT-1 with 24megapixels, or the...
  3. Harry Muff

How to start using Photoshop

This: Thank me later.
  4. Harry Muff

seeimpossible.usa.canon.com?

It reads a lot like the famous Steve Jobs quote. I wonder if they're trying to copy something Apple has done.
  5. Harry Muff

seeimpossible.usa.canon.com?

New lens caps.
  6. Harry Muff

Official: Canon EOS 7D Mark II

So, umm... what's special about this upgrade? Seriously, I'm not excited about this camera.
  7. Harry Muff

Photoshop eye retouching

Add a curves layer above the background layer and mask everything but the irises. Now set the curves layer to Linear Dodge (Add). Tweak the points horizontally at the bottom of the curve starting with the black level. Use that as a starting point along with adjusting the layer opacity and...
  8. Harry Muff

Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L For Sale

I had the pleasure of having a look through one of these 1200s in '97. It was an impressive beast.
  9. Harry Muff

What is your Least Used Piece of Gear?

It would have to be between my tripod and my speedlite. I can't be bothered messing around with the tripod. When flash is required, I use my strobes. Even outdoors.
  10. Harry Muff

Canon to Make a Big Splash at Photokina? [CR2]

Whenever a country that isn't Japan makes a bold statement like this, it turns out to be something crap like a special white edition camera or something. Just the cheap artwork alone makes me think this is a big nothing. Wait for Canon Japan to fire up their marketing department before...
  11. Harry Muff

Pentax 645z Review

I checked out a couple of the raw samples and they are very nice indeed. Me want.
  12. Harry Muff

Pentax 645z Review

Here's the first proper review (I've seen) of the "affordable" Medium Format camera. They like it, and so do I... http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/pentax_645z_review/
  13. Harry Muff

Long-term Review | Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

Yup, my favourite lens too. It just does everything.
  14. Harry Muff

85 vs 135 for portraits

Not quite sure where you've got that idea from, the AF is pretty fast with the 100 2.8L IS. Not that AF is much of an issue for portraits.
  15. Harry Muff

85 vs 135 for portraits

I shoot at 200mm in the studio for head shots. It's all about the look. The 135 f2 and 85 f1.2 are spectacular lenses but shine mostly outdoors and at their widest aperture. But if you're simply asking which focal length for head shots, then I'll simply repeat my preference for 200mm...
  16. Harry Muff

The Always Hidden Camera at the World Cup

I've got my doubts... There's easier ways to disguise a prototype camera.
  17. Harry Muff

The clumsy part of me managed to drop the 7D. What should I check for?

I'd check you haven't damaged the floor.
  18. Harry Muff

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV To Feature 4K Video?

For those talking about the 5D4 with 4K taking away from the 1DC, try to keep in mind that 8K is already on the horizon, and I'd be surprised if Canon aren't already working on a 1DC replacement with just that.
  19. Harry Muff

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV To Feature 4K Video?

Why do they bother making video cameras if video is such a big deal on SLRs? I hate the fact I had to spend so much extra for a feature I've used once on my 5D3. Why can't they just split the lines properly and sell each one at a reasonable price?