Search results

1. Harry Muff

Pentax 645z Review

Here's the first proper review (I've seen) of the "affordable" Medium Format camera. They like it, and so do I... http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/pentax_645z_review/
  2. Harry Muff

If you had to start from scratch all over again, what would you buy?

What with all the Canon bashing ("they're taking too long, not giving us the megapixels we want, why aren't they upgrading the lenses I like?, I'm jumping ship to Niko/Fuji/Sony etc."), I had a thought... If the unthinkable happened and you lost all your gear, but it was fully insured...
  3. Harry Muff

I Need A Ball-Head for my 20yr Old Manfrotto...

My legs are 055C which I've had from new since 1994. It's rock steady, and reasonably light on its own. My head is a 029 which is in perfectly good condition, but I just don't get on with it and it's proper heavy. Then there's the fact I have to take the levers off to get it in its carrying...
  4. Harry Muff

Toronto Camera Show in May - Any good?

Probably going to go to this as I have free tickets through Henry's, and was just wondering if anyone here went to last year's show. I see Canon and Nikon will be there along with a lot of other big name firms. Apparently Lindsay Adler will be doing a talk too. So has anyone been? Is it good...
  5. Harry Muff

D4S Specs confirmed.

Adorama just dropped the ball:
  6. Harry Muff

So what have we bought this Black... Er, Weekend?

I just picked up a pair of Pocket Wizard Plus X triggers at $50 off so I'm happy. What did everyone else treat themselves to?
  7. Harry Muff

Time for a silly question...

Ok, here is the situation. I already have a set of 2 Elinchrom D-Lite heads with the El-Skyport trigger system. I'm looking at moving over to Bowens eventually but in the meantime I'm going to buy a single Gemini 5000R head to be my main light, and a Bowens Travelpak to do some outdoor...
  8. Harry Muff

Lightroom 5.2 Now Available

Just click on "Check for updates".
  9. Harry Muff

Rogue Flashbender

Thinking about getting the large one for my 430EX. Who here uses one? Is it all it's cracked up to be? Is the optional diffuser worth the extra?
  10. Harry Muff

Worth paying for the repairs?

Hi all. I put my 17 year old EF 70-200 2.8L lens in for a repair estimate last week and got the quote today. The problems I was having were the autofocus being a bit shaky and indecisive, plus some strange coloured highlights at the end of hairs in bright sunlight. And, of course the...
  11. Harry Muff

Buying from overseas: An experience.

I just thought I'd recount my recent experience with E-Infinity via their own online store. They are one of many Hong Kong based retailers offering genuine equipment for a lot less than RRP. I am based in the U.K. and refuse to pay the inflated prices asked of us here, knowing that other...
  12. Harry Muff

Photoshop CC Released Today

That's right people, it's the 17th June. The day that it is widely reported to be the big day. For those waiting to get hold of the trial and see what it's like, not to mention that deblurring filter we were teased with last year, keep an eye on the Adobe page for the trial to appear. Enjoy!
  13. Harry Muff

Worth getting an SD card for 5D3?

So my new camera is on the wagon to me now. I've got a 16Gb CF that's currently in my 5D2 which, naturally, will be moving into my 5D3. Given the confusion of card reading speeds and settings changing due to cards being pulled in and out (that have different settings for each), is there any...
  14. Harry Muff

E-Infinity

Are they still around? I've seen a couple of good reviews but not quite enough to be sure of using them. Has anyone used them recently?
  15. Harry Muff

Haven't seen one of these before...

Looks like a cool piece of gear. I can't think of what I would use it for, but I thought some of you might want to see it. Aputure V-control USB Focus Controller
  16. Harry Muff

Canon 5D Mk3 Reliability

Seriously thinking of selling my 5D Mk2 now that I can get a Mk3 for around £1800. The 1DX just isn't realistic for me given the price and the Mk3 has advantages for what i shoot. The question isn't whether I want one regarding its features. I think it would be a great upgrade now. Anyhoo...
  17. Harry Muff

Looks like we'll actually get it soon!

Remember that sneak peak feature that Adobe teased us with a while back? The one that made people go: "no way!"? Well, it's looking a lot like we're finally going to see it in PS CS7 Photoshop Sneak Peek: See What's to Come Also note the "Adobe Camera Raw Filter" in the menu too.
  18. Harry Muff

Camera Insurance (U.K.)

Was just reading the other thread on this subject and wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to a U.K. company. I really should get this done as I added my gear up and it came to over £6,000 and methinks I should get my arse moving. Anyone? Thanks.
  19. Harry Muff

Can we have a 16-35 2.8L II review next please?

Umm... That's it really. Please!! :)
  20. Harry Muff

Rucksack Camera Bags

Lets talk about which bags rock. I'm currently liking the look of this: It's the Lowepro Fastpack 250. The thing I'm not sure about though, is the security aspect of it. It sure does look easy for someone steal the cameraout of the side pocket in the street. Does anyone have any...