Search results

1. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Eagle World near the north tip of Denmark has one that does a mean flying display, unfortunately it has a crush on this Falconer . No other people or Birds are allowed near him when its around. I'd love to see one in the wild in Germany. Bearded Vulture by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr...
  2. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks for all the "Likes", I took too many shots that day and have nearly finished sorting them. The final results are now in two Albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/briandorling/albums/72157720123409187 https://www.flickr.com/photos/briandorling/albums/72157720113162099 Some of...
  3. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi, got a chance to take some close-ups portraits and In-Flight shots of various Raptors at the end of last week. Mainly R5 with EF 70-200 MK2 and EF 100-400 MK2. They start here on Flickr! Also got to test an RF100-500, unfortunately not on any Birds. Cheers Brian
  4. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Cheers, in all I took about 200 shots of the fight, many just a mass of feathers, but quite a few as usable as this one. Most surprising was that no blood was spilt.
  5. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Kestrel Kung-Fu defence by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr
  6. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Kestrel Acrobatics by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr
  7. B

Show your Bird Portraits

The Winner in the red corner is......... Kestrel Fight by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr Territorial fights going on between 3 pairs of Kestrels near where I live: And thanks for the previous likes!!!!!
  8. B

Show your Bird Portraits

I'll have to try that with some of mine too! Usually my wife helps me taking shots like these, I keep (try to keep) the slower moving Bird in focus and she'll tell me when another is coming in for an attack. Always interesting to watch these fights or skirmishes between different species...
  9. B

Show your Bird Portraits

I think Canon's strategy is to have you buy 4 of them and glue them together giving you 96 Mpix. No need for pixel shift then! :rolleyes:
  10. B

Show your Bird Portraits

11. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Sparrowhawk (?) by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr Right at the bottom of our garden under a large tree, just after it took our garden Blackbird. Very close to where our Kingfisher rests.
  12. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Especially when working as a team.
  13. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Never posted a Video before, I hope someone enjoys it. Almost human?
  14. B

Show your Bird Portraits

Kestrel by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr Seems like the very quiet mechanical shutter of the R5 is not quiet enough............ And thanks for the likes for my last Image. Cheers Brian
  15. B

Show your Bird Portraits

And I was waiting for the snow clouds to disappear so I could get enough light to catch this guy....: Watching,%20Waiting.....%20by%20Diane%20and%20Brian%20%20Dorling,%20auf%20Flickr']Watching, Waiting..... by Diane and Brian Dorling, auf Flickr[/URL]
  16. B

Remote shooting and Eye tracking with the R5. Experiences and any advice on how to make it work better?

And here is some output from DPP showing the parameters used:
  17. B

Remote shooting and Eye tracking with the R5. Experiences and any advice on how to make it work better?

Hi, I've had my R5 for a few weeks now and was thrown in at the deep end by (at least) two kingfishers coming very regularly to my garden pond. They started coming very early in the morning where there was almost no natural light at all, but that gace me a chance to practice, shooting at down to...
  18. B

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

I particularly like the second one, rhe one with the wooly mammoth in the background!
  19. B

The Photo is nearly as good as your tag line!
  20. B

Hi, I replaced my 7DII with a 90D and am quite happy with it. Certainly a big step forwards compared to the 7D2. So I was going to try to post a few shots here again, while waiting for my R5. Any non-constructive criticism will be treated with the contempt it deserves........which may be none at...