Search results

1. nightbreath

1DX and 5D3 RAW files

Guys, do you have any observations on the 1D X and 1Ds files difference?
  2. nightbreath

1dX dust in viewfinder

According to the feedback from service center particles are in the mirror box, not on the focusing screen.
  3. nightbreath

Couple shots of my children

The first image is very good. It's great to look at a bright emotion that fits very naturally in a shot :)
  4. nightbreath

Will the new MAC Pro support 10 bit colour?

You should definitely look at the NEC PA272w.
  5. nightbreath

Will the new MAC Pro support 10 bit colour?

It seems that D300 is AMD FirePro W7000 that supports 10-bit output: http://architosh.com/2013/10/the-mac-pro-so-whats-a-d300-d500-and-d700-anyway-we-have-answers/ I believe you can call Apple and ask whenever you decide to buy a Mac Pro. Though I feel that a Xeon processor is an overkill for...
  6. nightbreath

Technique...

From my point of view the most contrasty area on a scene attracts eyes. Here are sample pictures: If you want to add some art to you photography, you should try multiple exposures and glass reflections:
  7. nightbreath

Canon EOS 1DX defective Mirror Boxes - Screen Splash - AF Lock-up

I have asked Canon service to check this theory while my camera is under warranty maintenance. The response was: "we don't comment forum posts". Is there another way to confirm these findings?
  8. nightbreath

Canon EOS 1DX defective Mirror Boxes - Screen Splash - AF Lock-up

Hi Martin, Did you see anything like that black particle in your viewfinder? The reason I'm asking is that I got the speck in my camera, but it doesn't look like anything else I've seen before in my experience of careful treating. Best regards, Alex.
  9. nightbreath

1dX dust in viewfinder

Anyone?
  10. nightbreath

1dX dust in viewfinder

I've experienced the same kind of issue with my copy. The only difference is that I've got only one irritating speckle in the viewfinder which is always noticeable. It doesn't look like dust, but Canon-authorized service center wants to charge $250 to remove the speckle. Official response from...
  11. nightbreath

How tightly do you frame your shots & and do you crop?

Make your photos breathe, so you don't need to crop them later :)
  12. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

My personal feeling is that you can achieve either magenta or yellow result with the left RAW file, but not the orange I have achieved with the right file. Do you want me to send you the RAW files over to play with? :)
  13. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

P.S. I hope you have a good screen ;)
  14. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

As I said before, it's not about calibration. It's all about how far you can go from your initial state. Below is a sample comparison (2 old images taken with 2 different high-end equipment sets): - left-hand side image is worse for me, because I cannot push the colors further than they are...
  15. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

It seems we're still on different pages. I have mentioned "vision", because I see difference in the original file. I have attached an example. Let me attach a sample photo later :) It would be great if you could add sample photos too.
  16. nightbreath

Everyone is a photographer

An off-topic question to you and everyone else. In the attached scheme the only place I can see for myself as a photographer is the one I have chosen (sitting on the aisle). What do you think about this location?
  17. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

We definitely speak different languages. It seems that your vision and my vision are different. And even taking into account all you said, it doesn't work for me. I would pay twice for 10% win in initial IQ.
  18. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

I should've been more specific when saying "professional" :) It seems I still cannot find a proper word to describe that kind of quality. I wanted to define somebody who's at the highest possible rung of every photography aspect. For example, I have experienced a lot of different shooting...
  19. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

I understand this. But I don't feel that recognition and artwork are tightly connected. And again — this is how I feel, not what people would say. It seems there's a gap between two of us that makes understanding more complex. Let me exaggerate what I feel to make things clear: I don't like...
  20. nightbreath

14mm mk2 or 16-35 mk2?

I'm a seasoned photographer. From my point of view images that don't have middle shadows (I have looked through their portfolio) do not conform the "semi-competent" workflow expected results ;)