Search results

1. R

Would anyone like to share their exprience with the G1X MKII

I am looking at this camera as my all around travel camera -- which could be used in hiking conditions as well. Competition is from EOS-M system. My DSLRs with even two lenses are seeming to be too heavy. So if anyone could share their experience of using G1X MKII it would be great.
  2. R

Need suggestion or recommendation about glue

Do you guys have any experience with trying to securely stick a photo to another photo paper? Any suggestion which glue or adhesive works best? I have ordered a photobook (lustre type paper) for a friend. The friend wanted to add couple of photos to the set but could not send me those in time...
  3. R

White Optical Satin

Hello Fellow CRians, I have a (may be) odd questions for you. Does any of you know whether sheets of white optical satin (the type that shoot through umbrella manufacturers use) can be bought and from where?
  4. R

Does macro lenses of different focal lengths give the same image?

Let me explain my question a bit further. I have seen/used only two macro lenses till date Canon 100mm L and sigma 150mm OS. That also at a distance of more than 1 year. So I had no opportunity to test this question of mine. What I am asking is, let's say I am photographing a small flower...
  5. R

Canon 40D Main Dial (Front Dial) slipping

Have any of you faced this issue? My 40D's front/main dial started slipping a little. This is happening when I am trying to turn the dial anticlockwise, and not clockwise. Searched google and found out some DIY cures for this. But just wondering if any of you have faced a similar problem ever...
  6. R

Nikon is in hot soup in China

Nikon is in hot soup in China regarding D600 http://petapixel.com/2014/03/17/nikon-asked-halt-d600-sales-china-scathing-nationally-televised-expose/
  7. R

zeiss filters

I was reading about the new zeiss lens and this question came to my mind - what about zeiss filters? Do they make filters? So I searched their website and yes they do. So I have a questions for you guys have any of you used zeiss filters ever - specially the CPL? I always read good things about...
  8. R

Digital Noise From the Sensor - some clarification

Are "High ISO" noise and "long exposure" (at low ISO) noise the same qualitatively? Or is one slightly more managegable than the other? (Practical Reference: When photographing a night scene of a city is it preferable to choose high ISO and faster shutter speed, or is it preferable to choose low...
  9. R

Internal Zooming Standard Zoom

Just wondering if any of you know whether an internal zooming standard zoom is possible (either EF or EF-S, but I guess if one is possible, the other would be too)? It might be nice to have 17-55 EF-S (or 15-85 EF-S, or 24-70 or 24-105) which does not extend. Opinions?
  10. R

What is the deal with Canon 135mm f/2.8 soft focus?

I was wondering what is the the deal with this lens? There has been no update of this lens (as far as I know) from its version 1. No one here on CR talks about it or asks of it or mentions it!! There is not even a lens gallery for this lens on here! So no one uses/has this lens here? Just idly...
  11. R

Modifying my signature

Some of you have a link to your Flickr (sometimes other websites) photo pages in your signature. I too have that. But some of you have just "Flickr" written instead of an URL like mine and clicking on takes us to your Flickr page. If it is not too much trouble could any of you please share how...
  12. R

Canon AF videos

Found a series of videos on youtube regarding Canon AF system. Many of you might already have seen these (and these are bit dated) but others may not have. I found these very useful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAx86nblZ2g After looking at the part 1 (above) you can easily find part 2 and...
  13. R

EOS 40D and 50D Photos... recent trip of Charleston

Some of my recent photos.... C&C welcome.
  14. R

Older Sigma 150mm macro (non-os) or Sigma 180mm macro f/3.5

Just wondering if any of you have used either of these older lenses from Sigma .... internet reviews say they were good, but just wondering if any of my CRian friends have firsthand experience with either of these two (by off chance)....
  15. R

Tested true freedom yesterday

Yesterday I was going to a friend's place to visit. This friend has two one year old twins. So I took my camera with me along with the recently bought four YN 622Cs. I do not have any ETTL flash, so I put three Nikon SB 28DXs at 1/2 and 1/4th power on top of three bookshelves directed towards...
  16. R

Any suggestion about back pack?

I have been using a case logic camera backpack for two years now. It can hold my cameras and lenses well, but after repeated use I have found out one sever limitation of this (or this "type of backpacks"). So I am looking for something "different". Ok, so what is the limitation? To be specific...
  17. R

Anyone For Microscope Photography?

I am trying to learn a bit about Microscope Photography/Photomicrography (or whatever it is called). Any one here done this type of photography? Any guidance/direction will be appreciated. Thank you.
  18. R

Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD SP

In the lens gallery I did not see any specific thread for this lens, so just creating a new one.
  19. R

50D grip becomeing white

I have a small concern about the leather/soft/rubberized parts of my 50D. As you know its normal color is black, but mine is showing a peculiar whiteness within this black color - specially in the "channels" or "grooves" of those rubberized parts. No problem with the metal parts though. Any idea...
  20. R

Lens sharpness and distance from subject

I was wondering whether and how much the distance from the subject affects sharpness of the image taken by different lenses (on same sensor). Is there any website or source where such information may be available for Canon lenses?