Search results

1. J

Picture styles

For still pictures I use neutral as pointed by others here as it does not impact the pictures once RAW is imported into my computer. Sometime however for video I use a picture style with a bit more contrast and more color to make the video more snappy!
  2. J

Sigma 24-70 f/2 OS HSM Coming? [CR1]

I think the new series of Sigma lens are amazing and they are so sharp it is scary! However not sure if I was the only one experiencing this but after buying the Sigma 35mm 1.4 (their new one) I ended up returning it and taking the older Canon 35mm L 1.4 instead. While the Canon is less sharp...
  3. J

First pic of Sigma 24-70 F/2 posted

It might also come in much heavier then the Canon 24-70 2.8 mkII.
  4. J

An Update on the 75+mp Camera in the Wild

I hope they announce such a camera. I would pre-order it in a heart beat!
  5. J

46.1mp Canon DSLR Previewed at PhotoPlus 2012? [CR1]

Alas it would seem our hope to have something announced this year are gone :-[ Looks like we will have to be patient...
  6. J

Canon Surveys for 5D Mark III

I would pick more DR hands down. (aka better sensors)
  7. J

[Poll] Canon Reign Supreme Again?

Wow lots of really interesting and passionate comments on this thread so far. My personal take on the original post question is that neither Canon nor Nikon "reign" supreme. Both company have raised the bar and we should all be happy about this. Yes on paper Nikon does have better sensor, but...
  8. J

Canon Makes the EF 24-70 f/4L IS & EF 35 f/2 IS Official

Well I for one am really happy about the f4 IS zoom. It will make for a nice walk around zoom lens and I already pre-ordered one...I wish the price would be less though..
  9. J

Nikon Sales Rising

+1! I am learning this the hard way. I love the D800 for shooting outside and shooting still scenary like landscape, but trying to shoot a moving subject even outside or shooting indoor with a flash sometime is a hit and miss game with the AF on the D800. It is also very sensitive to lenses...
  10. J

EF 24-70 f/4L IS & EF 35 f/2 IS

Re: EF 24-70 f/4L IS & EF 35 f/2 IS Well, I am down for the EF 24-70 f/4L IS even though I just got the 24-70 II. I love the smaller and lighter package and IS for outside shooting. As for the 35mmf2 IS, well I will wait for the 35 1.4L II version if it ever come out. All the new IS prime...
  11. J

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

Beautiful picture Neuro...well done.
  12. J

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Now in Stock at B&H

Re: Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Now in Stock at B&H I just ordered one (I was waiting for this one to be back in stock) and they allowed me to ship to Canada. Maybe the restriction is only of camera body...or not in full effect yet. Either way I am happy I could get it.
  13. J

*UPDATE* Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Addresses f/8 & Red AF Points in AI Servo

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Addresses f/8 & Red AF Points in AI Servo Good point Neuro. Thanks for the suggestion. I have always been afraid to get extender because of what it could do to the image quality. I forgot about the number of AF point available...Maybe I will start with the...
  14. J

*UPDATE* Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Addresses f/8 & Red AF Points in AI Servo

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Addresses f/8 & Red AF Points in AI Servo Cool! This is great news! I almost bought the 1.4x III extender earlier this week because I was afraid the 2x extender would not work with some lenses on my 1DX. Now the choice is simple! I will get a 2x extender...
  15. J

Canon EOS-1D X DXOMark Sensor Scores

I would tend to agree there. Having both the 1DX and the D4 (and I guess the D800), the only number in those DxO "rumored" scores that surprised me was the 12.8 DR. Overall I do think the 1DX is a superior camera then the D4, however I still find from real life shooting that my D4 gives me...
  16. J

Canon 5D3 vs. Nikon D600

I would tend to agree with your statement regarding the D800 for example, which i find unusable above ISO 1600 personally. However, in terms of high ISO, the Nikon D4 is on par or slightly better then the 1DX. Incidently, i find focus so slow on my D800 that when shooting at iso 100 indoors...
  17. J

More Big Megapixel Talk [CR1]

Well, I am drooling with this potential new camera. If the DR is anything close to the promise, I would gladely sell back my D800. I know many will complain that 46MP is not required for their work, but if this is the price to pay to get industry leading DR, sign me up! :P :P :P
  18. J

Canon EOS-1D X Review - Fred Miranda

Very good read. Thanks.
  19. J

Canon EOS 3D X [CR1]

Sorry to ear that! I have the latest Intel i7 six core processor and works fine with the D800 files. They are a bit longer to process then the 1DX file, but not noticably. If you use Lighroom, did you optimze its settings to leverage the full power of your computer (like your RAM, etc...). I...