Search results

1. candyman

CIPA February 2024: So Far So Good

Also because Canon has a lot of entry (plus entry+kitlens) DSLR's between 450 en 850 euro. Not so much for Nikon, Pentax.
  2. candyman

What is Your Most Wanted Canon RF Lens/Camera That Isn't Available?

Maybe it sounds a bit boring, but I would really like my EF 100mm f/2 USM as an RF version. Small and light. No macro and no STM. Of course, at least the same optical quality as the EF version. Maybe less chromatic aberration.
  3. candyman

Iceland

Wonderful photos.
  4. candyman

Canon RF-S 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM coming first half of 2023

My bad. I agree about term 'much'. I find the 11-22 very small and light. But that's probably because I also have EF lenses. They are indeed much larger
  5. candyman

Canon RF-S 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM coming first half of 2023

@Dragon: "...OTOH, the EF-M 11-22 is a much larger and heavier lens than the RF-s 10-18, so the redesign may have been just a size and cost issue since small size is clearly a goal for RF-s lenses.... " Are you sure about that...
  6. candyman

Tuscany

I really enjoyed these photos. I've been to the same cities over 20 years ago. If only I had the camera and lenses I have now. Although I did take quite a few photos with Kodak film.
  7. candyman

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you Alan. One of the times when the woodpecker took a bath and was not nervous about a hunting bird. Glad I can show you something you haven't seen.
  8. candyman

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you very much Click!
  9. candyman

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you. The woodpecker thought he could take a private bath...unfortunately - lol
  10. candyman

Show your Bird Portraits

The great spotted woodpecker (Dendrocopos major) R6 & 100-400L II @ f/5.6 with 1/400 and 1000 ISO Some special light here. Even the woodpecker is surprised ;)
  11. candyman

Canon will bring an RF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM to the lineup in 2024

It makes sense if this lens is small and light and has a built-in 1.4 extender. Just my 2cents
  12. candyman

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

O, I am not sure what happened. Ik took out the photo from this thread. But I believe it now can be seen in the thread of 'Post your best bird photos'. The link I put here goes to the start of that thread. Sorry for the mess.
  13. candyman

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you very much Click!
  14. candyman

Show your Bird Portraits

European green woodpecker (Picus viridis) R6 & 100-400L II @ f/5.6 with 1/400 and 2500 ISO
  15. candyman

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Sorry wrong thread! :( I will move it
  16. candyman

Purple banding with long exposure (R5 + 24-70 f/2.8L)

Not sure what caused the purple fringe on the left side. But 300 seconds seems a lot for creating a star trail and freeze the water in the foreground. Even when stacking. Did you try with less long exposuretime? What do you see?
  17. candyman

Canon announces the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM

MRSP in the Netherlands: €2.739
  18. candyman

Canon Patent Application: Motorized Tilt / Shift

That's the first thing I thought about. The knobs and locks. The first time I used my TS-E 24mm f/3.5 II, I saw how fragile the knobs and locks are. When I use the lens I am constantly aware of it and turn carefully. That's the only thing you can do. But Canon can indeed make some improvements.
  19. candyman

Dust inside brand new lens, Canon quality problem?

Of course it depends on the use of this lens. It cannot be compared to a top L lens. But you can certainly take beautiful photos with it. Here is an astro photo also set to infinity.