Search results

1. candyman

Remote switch RS-80N3 and starting exposure

I use a remote switch RS-80N3 in combination with a Canon 6D Mark II. The camera is in Bulb. I can AF when I press the button on the remote switch. But, I can't start exposure by pressing the button. Nothing else happens. Solved: it is a problem with the remote switch. After the remote switch...
  2. candyman

Swap TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II or not

After some testing I have doubts whether I should exchange the TS-E lens. Unfortunately I have no comparison with another TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II. I did do the comparison on Digital Picture with some other lenses at 24mm. It seems that my TS-E lens scores lower than it should for a prime and T/S. I...
  3. candyman

Impact of using a clear filter on TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II?

In a few days I will receive the Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II lens. On all my other lenses I use B+W 007 clear XS-Pro filters. Because this is a Tilt/Shift lens, I wonder if it is wise to use a filter here as well. This concerns the B+W Digital MRC Nano XS-Pro 007M clear filter. Does the use of...
  4. candyman

14-bit and 13-bit A/D Conversion with H+ and H-speed

For my photography I use the Canon EOS R6. Among other things, to photograph birds from a bird hut. A situation with varying contrasts and speeds of the birds. So I regularly adjust the settings of my camera to get the best possible results (hard work ) On The Digital Picture I read the review...
  5. candyman

AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) on Canon M6 Mark 2

I have been using a Canon M5 for quite some time now. This camera is set up in such a way that in Manual Mode with AEB I take 3 photos (-,0,+) with 1 press on the shutter. The M5 is set to - One shot - Single shooting Recently I also own the M6 Mark 2 I have set all the settings of the M5 for...
  6. candyman

Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 EF

Canon EOS 6D Mark II - Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 EF f/10 with exposure of 30 seconds at 100 ISO
  7. candyman

Reviews Canon 6D MK II

I just came accross this review: http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/canon-eos-6d-mark-ii Interesting: "In manual mode you’re forced to go into the main menu or quick menu to access exposure compensation, which is a bit of a faff. It’s possible to reassign a button to exposure compensation...
  8. candyman

Arrival of Canon 24-105 f/4 IS USM II

On August 26th, I pre-ordered this lens (€1279). Altough it reads that this lens may be delivered by the end of October, the camera dealer believes that the lens will be available beginning of September when the first 5D MK IV's are delivered. According to the camera dealer this is due to the...
  9. candyman

Astrophotography: Samyang 14mm or...Samyang 14mm.....

I like to start with astrophotography (mostly nightscapes). I did some reading on the internet about astrophotography and read some gear reviews. I am about to purchase a Samyang (a.k.a Rokinon) 14mm f/2.8 lens But.....I came across two Samyang 14mm f/2.8 versions The older one with the...
  10. candyman

Kingfisher - what a bird

I really got fascinated by this bird. I am sure others too. In my country it seems to be one of the most interesting birds. I went to a hidingplace close to the water and there was a lot of activity going on. I was hoping to capture the kingfisher in action but those birds are difficult to...
  11. candyman

Puzzled about exposure effect

While I was going through some of my photos I encountered a - at least for me - strange effect. I made some 900 photos in this shoot and most of them are not affected like the attached photo. But maybe someone can explain to me what this is and how to avoid it. I don't think it is related to...
  12. candyman

5D MKIII and 100-400 II - Birdphotography advice please

Dear forumreaders I need some advice. I use the 5D MKIII and the 100-400 II for birdphotography. But lately I struggle with the sharpness of pictures. Sometimes they are sharp and sometimes not. I checked and there is not an AFMA problem. Here is one I did recently that seems ok regarding...
  13. candyman

Canon 5DsR and panorama photography

Lately I started reading about the Canon 5DsR. Specifically for the use of landscape photography. I wonder about the effect of a mutltiple shot panorama in post-processing with Lightroom. For example a 8 or 16 shot panorama. The combination of those large files worries me with post processing...
  14. candyman

Transfer edited RAW LR 5.7 to LR6

Dear forummembers, I would appreciate some advice. For the last 3 weeks I have been travelling and shot a lot of photos. I imported the RAW's from my camera into LR 5.7 on a laptop, edited them and saved them as jpg's Now, back home, I want to load the RAW's and jpg's on my homecomputer into...
  15. candyman

How do I solve this issue?

See attached a photo which is a merge of a 5 shot exposure. Also attached a detail in which you can see spots. Down left from the electricity mast and on the trees on the otherside of the road. It looks some kind of flare from the sun that is present in each of the 5 exposure shots. After I...
  16. candyman

DxO processing to Lightroom

Though I use DxO regular, I am not too familar with the export to lightroom. Here is what I want: - I open and edit a RAW-photo in DxO (I like to lensprofile adjustments in DxO), I make some additional adjustments - I would like to transfer the RAW-file including the adjustments I did in DxO to...
  17. candyman

Ice sculptures - any tips?

At the end of this month I will attend an exhibition of Ice sculptures. It is a rather big exhibition hall (6,500 m2) with artificial light and it is rather dark. The temperature will be minus 8 Celsius. I was planning to use following gear: - - 6D with 35mm f/2 IS with B+W CPOL HTC MRC...
  18. candyman

DPP 4 en EOS Utility 3 now available in Europe for download

http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/digital_photo_professional_4_0_launched.do?utm_source=newsletter_july_1_14&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter
  19. candyman

Tripod center column - yes or no

I wonder what is better (or preferred?) center column yes or no? What is your opinion or experience? I currently use a tripod with center column. Advantage is that it is easy for me to adjust height - if needed. Sometimes I use it from a sitposition (walkstool) and pick things up to move to a...
  20. candyman

Multi-controller joystick 5D MKIII jumped off

It looks like we got caught in a stream of bad luck.... Within 3 weeks our iron broke, one week ago our laundry machine, last week my watch, yesterday the laptop of my wife (totally dead) and today ..... the multi-controller joystick of my 5D MK III jumped off. I couldn't select AF-points. :'(...