Search results

1. Jean

Firmware: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM v.1.0.7

The upgrade was successfull on my lens, used with a 6D mkii . It took about one minute to complete.
  2. Jean

My favorite method of focus calibration. Cheap, fast, accurate and foolproof.

Since i have a DPAF camera (70D & 6Dmk ii) i adjust focus by comparing the difference of focus movement of the lens in live view vs. OVF movement. In live view i magnify ten times to check the focus on the target. When the lens doesn't move after switching and refocussing between live view and...
  3. Jean

60d does not power up

Inside the batterydoor and the memorycarddoor there are little actuators for safetyswitches. If one of these Doors are opened, the camera Will NOT power up. Perhaps one of the actuators is missing/ broken, or one of the switches inside the camera is defect.
  4. Jean

To filter or not to filter

I prefer a lenshood only, except cpl filter use.
  5. Jean

Wi-fi Dropping Out on Home Network since EOS Utility 2.14.0

I have the same issue after updating EOS software. I removed the update and was able to reproduce the problem. My solution is not to use the latest update. Happy shooting ;)
  6. Jean

Callibrating lenses

I had my body and lenses calibrated at DSP (Digital Service Point) in Nederweert (Netherlands) after focussing problems with three new lenses. I brought my body with the lenses. First the body was calibrated with a dedicated calibration lens in a service setup. Then the lenses one by one were...
  7. Jean

Canon Counterfit .... Third party batteries

I've been using original Canon batteries since 2004, and still use them every week. Another 'hi-capacity'battery is from 2006, original Canon and is also in use every week during sports-shooting. My experience with Lenmar batteries is that those will last for about one year and then the...
  8. Jean

Beautiful sunsets

Love to see so many nice photos. Here is one of my village...