Search results

1. D

Polarizer issue??

Was at Rainier yesterday and had an issue with my polarizer. Didn't realize it until I got home, it was just this series at Reflection Lake, after sunrise, light coming from my right. It's a new circular polarizer filter, not super cheap but not super expensive. It's a PROMASTER 77mm on my 16-35...
  2. D

DigitalRev buying experience?

I'm looking into buying a 70-200mm for 1K. It's between the Tamron 2.8 VC and the Canon f4 IS. DigitalRev is selling the Tamron for $1,000 where as everywhere else is 1399...so is this a White market lens? It doesn't say that on the digitalrev site so I'm trying to figure out if it is the US...
  3. D

Any one using Amazon Cloud for backup?

Any one using Amazon Cloud for RAW file back up? It seems like an excellent price per year with no limit to the amount of storage. Wondering what others think?? Thanks in advance.
  4. D

Rokinon 14mm vs 24mm for night photography

I was thinking about upgrading to 6d from my current 60d + Rokinon 16mm f2 for astro. I have rented the 6d and attached the 16mm to it but the vignette is to much...which leads me to my dilemma...I have heard good things about the 14mm 2.8, and a good price point. But with the 24mm 1.4 I can...
  5. D

Best Camera for New-bie

Have a friend who is interested in upgrading from her sony P&S for taking pic of her 3 boys...mainly family stuff but keeping cost around $700-ish. I'm a Canon loyalist and thought about recommending the Canon SL1 or maybe the T3I with kit lens and a 50mm 1.8. But there are so many other avenues...