Search results

1. V

Industry News: Nikon announces a pair of macro lenses for the Z mount

USELESS NEWS on a Canon-related site. Sorry, my 2 cents.
  2. V

This is the possible Canon RF mount camera roadmap [CR2]

I rather would like to see a new Canon 5D Mark V. Mirrorless is not what I want in my workflow... not yet.
  3. V

Canon Speedlite EL-1 information leaks out ahead of the official announcement

The new flash has a red "L"-Ring donation to it... and costs $1099 ;) Now, finally Canon has a professional flash. Thanks lord.
  4. V

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

@Moderators So.... as a EOS R5 came out skip the "Rumours-Source". It's not worth it ;)
  5. V

Here are the RF 600mm f/11 & RF 800mm f/11 super-telephoto lenses

Looks like the old foreskin telephoto lenses are not dead, yet ;)
  6. V

Is there still hope that we see in-body stabilization in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III?

there may be some point in your comment, but the DPAF is still ways ahead of the competition and the high ISO performance is also nothing bad. they should maybe only prioritize better... the Focus-correction with DualPixel was more or less useless, but IBIS would help a lot in manual lenses. I...
  7. V

Industry News: Sony officially announces the α9 II

No need for Sony news on a canon rumors site. Only my humble opinion :(
  8. V

Canon releases security firmware updates for multiple Canon DSLRs

Most important facts *against* any firmware update, especially 1.3.x - you can't go back - magic lantern does not work anymore, or worse
  9. V

A hypothesis concerning the RF mount

Folks, maybe there is no need for a discussion about focal flange distance. Just imagine a lens with "RF-Mount" which extrudes on the back for maybe 20mm. You Need other caps for the bottom of the lens and it has to be minimal smaller in the Diameter. You could attach old EF-lenses *AND* RF...
  10. V

A New 50mm Lens is Being Tested in the Wild [CR2]

I think it will be a 50mm L 1.4 IS like the 85mm L IS 1.4... but what I really would like to see is a better 50mm 1.0L. Why? because it's possible to make ;)
  11. V

Review: Canon 85mm f/1.4L IS. Is it a Better Option Over the EF 85mm f/1.2L II?

"The advantages of the new 85mm lens such as IS, faster AF, better built quality, and lighter weight were just too much for me to overlook." I don't know what could be better in built quality. The 85L 1.2is built like a tank with beautiful haptics. Apart from that I think the...
  12. V

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II Coming Very Soon

The Magic Drain Pipe (80-200L) was sharper than the 70-200F4, too. The first lens in this range which was better was the 70-200 L IS II. I think a f4-Lens is ok for some people, let's say hobbyists, but most want the 70-200, simply to get a better depth of field and especially to use...
  13. V

Two Prosumer Mirrorless Camera Bodies in Development [CR2]

Sony not even has a lossless RAW or the possibilty to shoot RAW together with very fine JPG. No useable weathersealing. No ergonomics. Expensive lenses. What exactly was the good thing? A good sensor... admittedly. But that's all.
  14. V

Leaked: Sigma 105mm f/1.4 HSM Art

It's a perfect portraitlens, but no weathersealing - no buy. I had quite a few raining-events on weddings or in location and I don't need another failure like on a 50mm 1.4 Art... seal it. 8) I went to Tamron in the meantime and got sealing+VC together with f1.8 which is working out very...
  15. V

Canon EOS 5D mark IV firmware update delayed

I wouldn't install it anyway, because I predict it will be another barrier for Magic Lantern. I know that at the moment the Mark IV isn't supported anyway, but on my old 5D Mark III with every iteration fewer features of ML were supported. That's a pity and if I would be Canon I would support...
  16. V

EOS 7D Mark III Coming in March 2018 [CR1]

It's not the fault of the cam if your lenses are uncalibrated... the only thing I'm missing in the Canon-firmware is an autocalibrationfeature. From my 6-7 lenses I only had to calibrate a single one. So much for that.
  17. V

Canon EOS 5DS R Mark II Talk [CR2]

Then you should switch your 5DSR with a 5D Mark IV ;)
  18. V

Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS & Three More Lenses Coming at the End of August [CR2]

Re: Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS & Three More Lenses Coming at the End of August [CR2] @neuroanatomist The problem seems to be that english is not my native language. I guess you wouldn't be able to talk a few sentences in my language with proper sense... So, if you want to be arrogant and...
  19. V

Re: Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS & Three More Lenses Coming at the End of August [CR2] @neuroanatomist Can you read properly? quite weathersealed means not weathersealed, but it's better than normal lenses. You make your world as you want it and then have the big mouth and try to be funny. That may...
  20. V

Re: Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS & Three More Lenses Coming at the End of August [CR2] @Maiaibing +1 @neuroanatomist You quoted nothing. You only quoted an old message from me where I was wrong (humans can be wrong , you know). Now you feel somehow superiour without even knowing something by...