Search results

1. A

Dual ST-E3s

Does anyone know if you can use two or more ST-E3's to control the same flashes? I usually use two cameras (1DXs) and would like to be able to use both at the same time (different lenses) to control my 3 off-camera 600's. I don't have two ST-E3's right now so I can't test it by manually...
  2. A

Pimped my lens!

I thought this fabulous lens (canon 200-400) needed a fabulous lens coat. . . . Lenscoat and the others that sell these things don't have much besides bland colors and camo and are fairly expensive. I saved about $50 doing it myself and have something unique now. I know, I know what's $50 bucks...
  3. A

Things to shoot around Marco Island/Everglades in Florida

Hi Everybody, I am taking the family down to Marco Island, Florida in a few weeks and wanted some advice on things to see and photograph in and around the everglades. Already planning a trip to Shark Alley for some wildlife shots. I will be taking my 5DIII, 70-200 2.8 II, 1.4X III and 24-70 2.8...
  4. A

Method for taking names while shooting candids at an event

I have an event coming up and was wondering how everyone else takes names while taking candids at events. Is there an App for that? Or, should I just continue to carry a small notepad with me? Thanks, Andy
  5. A

Black Friday Deals

Hi Everybody, I am in the market for a new 1DX or a 400 2.8 II. Is it reasonable to expect any deals on these high end items on or around Black Friday this year? Anyone get a deal on something significant last year? I am willing to wait for the possibility otherwise I might start now looking...
  6. A

Visibility of Canon gear at the Super Bowl

So probably like a lot of you, I spent some time during the game scanning the sidelines for photographers using Canon gear hoping to see a 1DX on a new 200-400 L with 1.4X. . . . It didn't seem like white lenses were in the majority there this year. Are pro sports shooters switching to Nikon or...
  7. A

Deal on Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Wide Angle Lens - U.S.A. Warranty at Adoram

I have been looking for a deal on the EF 14 2.8 II and occasionally check the price list on CR. This morning the price at Adorama was $1,919.19USD. Next closest was 1,999USD. I usually buy my stuff at B&H so I called to see if they would match the price on Adorama's site. They said they couldn't...
  8. A

Canon Professional Services (CPS) in the US - worth it?

I have been a silver member for a while now and just got a card in the mail from CPS. They are offering a third free Clean and Check (usually only 2) if I upgrade my status to Gold in the month of October. I have never used the Clean and Check before but have been thinking about sending my...
  9. A

Canon Professional Services (CPS) in the US - worth it?

I have been a silver member for a while now and just got a card in the mail from CPS. They are offering a third free Clean and Check (usually only 2) if I upgrade my status to Gold in the month of October. I have never used the Clean and Check before but have been thinking about sending my...
  10. A

ISO 50

Just curious - in general, lower ISO equals better Image Quality. I shot a water fall last weekend with an ND filter trying to get lower shutter speeds to allow the water to blur. I also used the expanded ISO on my 5DII and set the ISO to L which I think equals 50. Technically, should the IQ be...