Search results

1. Harv

Analyzing where Canon lags behind in the market - Share your thoughts

I suspect the folks at Canon know a lot more about how to provide return on investment to the shareholders than the OP, while keeping the customer well satisfied. If that was not the case, Canon would not have the market share they do. Period. By the way, if the OP feels Canon is...
  2. Harv

Just gripped my 5D3 -- stick with the BlackRapid strap?

I've used the BR strap on both a gripped 5D3 and a gripped 7D2 combined with a 70-200 f/2.8 for years, walking around a motocross track all day most weekends. I've never had a problem. In all cases, the strap was attached to the grip.
  3. Harv

I need help choosing a 70-200.

That's incorrect. Both of the f/4 versions take 1.4x converters with no problem.
  4. Harv

Photo Sharing Site Advice

Smugmug
  5. Harv

AF with 1.4x tele MK III and 100-400 L MK II

I believe the 70D will only AF down to f/5.6 and when you add the 1.4x TC to the lens it becomes f/8. The Kenko does not report to the camera so it thinks the combo is still f/5.6 and performs AF.
  6. Harv

Oh Canada, Lens Prices Have Gone Crazy in the Great White North

You're quoting the Canadian list price. The advertised selling price is below $3,000 and the actual selling price could be close to the landed B&H price.
  7. Harv

5D3 no longer listed on Canon Canada's web page

We're just the poor country cousins up here, Neuro. Big Brother from south of the border may not always keep us up to date. :'(
  8. Harv

5D3 no longer listed on Canon Canada's web page

If you scroll down the page a little, it shows up just below the EOS-M. Must just be a glitch with the page display.
  9. Harv

Coming price increases in Canada for Canon, Nikon and others

As posted in Henry's newsletter..... February 26, 2016 There are many great things about being Canadian, but the ups and downs of the Canadian dollar is not one of them. As you are aware, the value of our dollar has been in sharp decline over the last six months. Some economists have...
  10. Harv

"weather sealed" != "impervious to salt water"

There is one simple truth in life that will never change..... THERE IS NO CURE FOR STUPID.
  11. Harv

Shoot 1/8000, Just do it. (occasionally)

I shoot a lot of motocross and have occasion to use both slow-shutter panning and high-shutter freeze-action methods. There is an application for both as I think the images below show..... I'd like to do more slow-shutter images but frankly, my keeper rate is just too low. :P
  12. Harv

Reports of EOS 7D Mark II Firmware 1.04 Locking Up Camera

I did the firmware upgrade and as instructed, removed the battery when finished, re-installing it a few seconds later. I used the camera with my 70-200 2.8 II for almost 1,000 images today at the motocross track and did not have any lockups. Everything worked as it should.
  13. Harv

16-35 f4 IS on the way :)

Watch for your feet and your shadow in the shot. ;D Been there, done that.
  14. Harv

70-200mm Mk I vs Mk II

I owned the original and used it extensively for a number of years. When the v.II was announced, I ordered one immediately and never looked back. The improvement was huge. Much better IS and a lot sharper.... particularly at the long end and wide open which is how it is most often used. Well...
  15. Harv

Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II Teardown

Hats off to Roger for doing this. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the report. Great job by both Roger and Canon. I was already in love with mine and now I am even more so. ;D
  16. Harv

New Nikon 300mm f/4 - with DO-like optics?

Unfortunately. For a lens in this price bracket, the ring should be included, even if the price was $30 or $40 higher which is all it should be whether Canon or Nikon. It's when they sell it as an accessory that the price goes through the roof. That practice sux.
  17. Harv

New Nikon 300mm f/4 - with DO-like optics?

Nikon not only wants it's customers to pay $2,000 U.S. for this new 300 f/4 lens, but to then cough up an additional $224 for the tripod ring.
  18. Harv

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM

Re: Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L Mark II Thanks. I'm glad I made the investment as well. I think this one will be with me a long time.
  19. Harv

Re: Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L Mark II Thanks a lot.
  20. Harv

Re: Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L Mark II Thanks :)