Search results

1. N

In need for a raptor identification

Hello, Can anyone confirm (or not) if this is a Broad-winged Hawk? I took the picture in Calgary, in Carburn Park, last weekend. Thanks!
  2. N

This is Canon support

Recently I wrote this to Canon Canada: "Hello, I know that the answer to this question has to come from both Canon and Adobe but us, the EOS R5 users are now caught in the middle of it. Why is the EOS R5 camera profile missing from Adobe Lightroom? Do not worry, I will ask the same question...
  3. N

B&H ordering for Canadians

I'm posting this so that others can avoid the mistake I made: ordering from B&H. On August 10 I placed an order on B&H's website, for a Canon EOS R5. My credit card was immediately charged the full amount $5624.82 CAD (4094.95 USD). Since the camera was not available for purchase and there was...
  4. N

Canon EOS R not good for action photography

...at least that's what I keep on hearing some folks complaining, here and there. I'm sorry, I didn't know that, so I made a huge mistake: I use it for birds in flight and also sports photography. Here is a burst of six shots I took today, late afternoon, at a skatepark. I don't know what to say...
  5. N

2018 Wildlife Photographer of the Year People's Choice Award Shortlist

Hello Everyone, I found this article interesting: almost all 25 images were shot with obsolete, archaic technology: Canon and Nikon DSLR's:) 2018 Wildlife Photographer of the Year People's Choice Award Shortlist Especially number 3, the owls family portrait: Canon 1D Mark IV !!! How dare they...
  6. N

A little bit of Canon history...

Does this make you smile nowadays? Does it make you feel any better realizing how good the gear actually is today? "Based on the top-of-the-line EOS-1N, the EOS DCS 3 digital camera was developed with a high density area CCD containing 1.3 megapixels. The large, 16 MB buffer memory enables...
  7. N

Depth of Field - Bokeh

Looking for some information about the Canon 7D focusing settings I came across this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut0R1ZlPmQk By the end of the video I already forgot what I was initially looking for:) Cheers:) Nelu
  8. N

Field Report on the New Canon 100-400mm f/4.5 – f/5.6 USM II-Scott Kelby

Hi guys, I came across this article and I found it interesting: http://scottkelby.com/2014/field-report-on-the-new-canon-100-400mm-f4-5-f5-6-usm-ii/ "Q. Who is this designed for lens for? A. I’d say it’s really designed for daytime sports photographer and for wildlife photographers, but of...
  9. N

Yet another crop vs full frame thread

I`ve spent more time than I wish to admit trying to find a satisfactory answer to this dilemma: crop sensor camera or a cropped photo from a full frame camera for bird or wildlife photography? Since I own both the 7D (not Mark II, but the original one) and the 5D Mark III I performed a...