Search results

1. GDub

Deal: Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6L $180,000

My credit card was declined... DAMN IT!!
  2. GDub

Lightroom CC appears on the surface to be junk

"Junk?" I moved beyond my standalone copy and downloaded the CC version today (I've had Photoshop CC for over a year). No hitches with the download. Lightroom CC works great. I updated several of my catalogs and did a little fiddling--no problems. Obviously, I haven't had time to explore the new...
  3. GDub

The Pros or The Enthusiasts?

I'm an amateur with skills .
  4. GDub

Fall colours

My street in Montréal was all aglow this particular afternoon.
  5. GDub

EOS-1D X & EOS-1D C Cold Weather Autofocus Issues

I also live in Montréal, and I don't recall any -35 C days this winter. There may have been a couple of nights that were +/- -30 C and several days that were +/- -20 C, but that's it. I know because I walk the city a LOT and when it gets down to and below -18 C, I don't go out except for short...
  6. GDub

good shoulder bag?

Think Tank RAWKS! Pick your style. You won't be disappointed.
  7. GDub

London Night-Scape

+1
  8. GDub

How do you carry your EOS-M?

y I'm not a fan of sling bags. I used a Lowepro Slingshot AW 100 exclusively (and extensively--for two years) with my T2i and never really bonded with the bag. Walking with a sling bag is fine, but getting gear in and out of it, storing it, etc. is a PITA. YMMD, but I prefer a shoulder bag.
  9. GDub

For toting around (from an earlier post): Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20. For hanging off my hand, a Gordy:
  10. GDub

Canon PowerShot G16 Announced

No articulating LCD--feckin' edjits! I'm keep my G11 until Canon wakes up.
  11. GDub

Canon Announces the Facebook PowerShot N

WOW! It must be WAY more Facebook ready than my iPhone or your Android! Who could have imagined?
  12. GDub

Which camera should I buy for a first timer

Another +1 for the T3i. I still have my T2i (even though I invested in a 5DM3) and use it often. The main advantage of the T3i is the articulating screen--which is VERY useful for composing video and stills. For optics, I'd skip the kit lens and get a EF-S 15-85mm IS USM. Great lens plus IS...
  13. GDub

40mm f2.8 STM - Lens Hood?

I have the Vello ES62 hood (pretty much identical to the Canon version) for the 50 f/1.8 II and it does indeed work on the 40mm. Yes, the lens cap can be used while hood is attached. And yes, the hood can be reversed.
  14. GDub

Portraiture with Eos M & Ef 50mm f1.8...a Short Review

Ivan, I'm loving your EOS M reviews! Great work and totally informative for those of us enjoying the M experience. I put my 50 f/1.8 II on the M for the first time yesterday and agree that weight/balance wise they are a good match. I also have the EF-M 22mm and the EF 40mm (w/Canon adapter) so...
  15. GDub

[bump] I got the Think Tank MM 20 and my EOS M kit (with the complimentary 90EX!!). The bag is perfect for my needs. It will comfortably hold the camera w/22mm lens and wrist strap attached, Canon lens adapter, 40mm pancake lens, speedlite 90EX, iPhone, several memory cards, extra battery, my...
  16. GDub

I highly recommend Think Tank bags. I just bought the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20. Haven't got it yet (should arrive the same day as my EOS M), but I LOVE all my other Think Tank bags so I'm assuming more of the same goodness. Seems about the right size for what you're asking.
  17. GDub

My 5D Mark III most likely have cancer

It was moths! Feckin' hell, I never would have thunk it.
  18. GDub

Magic Lantern Improves 5D Mark III Dynamic Range to 14 Stops

Because they can! Rock on ML!
  19. GDub

Compact camera for travel/everyday use

Maybe I'm projecting, but... it seems to me you're bummed out because you didn't get in on the EOS M deal. I mean, it has everything you asked for except the viewfinder... and this is a Canon-centric site. Just saying.